New ‘Little Free Library’ in West Seattle will stump you

February 13, 2014 at 11:02 am | In West Seattle books, West Seattle news | 13 Comments

Thanks to Suzy in Seaview for sharing the announcement and photo:

My husband built us a Little Free Library for our neighborhood! LFB #11151 can be found at 4818 SW Findlay Street.

The custom Little Free Library currently houses a variety of children’s books, magazines, and fiction and non-fiction for adults. We hope the neighborhood enjoys this new resource! Find out more about Little Free Libraries at littlefreelibrary.org.

We’ve featured more than a few other local LFLs – if you create one for YOUR neighborhood, consider sharing the news here too!

1. So, if I have books to share do I just go to the nearest Little Free Library and put them in there?

Comment by MCJ — 11:12 am February 13, 2014 #

2. I love this design! And the location is fabulous too.

Comment by Joan — 12:15 pm February 13, 2014 #

3. Please do stop by and leave books if you would like! I have a few new titles that I will be putting out tonight too.

Comment by Suzy — 1:27 pm February 13, 2014 #

4. Such a delightful little library– I live in the neighborhood and added a few books the other day on my walk. Thanks for building this!

Comment by Laura — 1:58 pm February 13, 2014 #

5. What a kind and lovely gesture for the community! :)

Comment by pupsarebest — 2:31 pm February 13, 2014 #

6. Too bad I live all the way in Burien. I have always been looking for one, but don’t want to creep anyone out by driving to it to drop off and pick up some books. Lol! Hopefully, there will be one someday in my neighborhood. Great idea and awesome design!

Comment by RLS — 2:38 pm February 13, 2014 #

7. So cute and a lovely addition to your neighborhood, I’m sure. Will you share your LFL plan and materials list? We’re planning on building one this spring.

Comment by pagefive — 3:27 pm February 13, 2014 #

8. pagefive – I’m sorry but I don’t have a plan to share. My husband has a custom woodworking business so he just kind of winged it one afternoon :)

He says that the very best wood to use for a structure like this is marine plywood.

The base was made by some folks he knows in the Equinox community space in SODO – Cyclefab.

Comment by Suzy — 4:15 pm February 13, 2014 #

9. RLS — there is a beautiful little free library off the greenbelt on 48th Avenue SW between Eddy & Holly — you can stop and read on the bench or drop-off/pick up and no one would think that’s creepy for that location… heck, I wouldn’t think it’s creepy even in front of my house, that’s what they are there for, come on over!

Comment by jissy — 4:31 pm February 13, 2014 #

10. Thanks for the info, Suzy. Enjoy your Little Free Library!

Comment by pagefive — 4:54 pm February 13, 2014 #

11. Today I “discovered” another Little Free Library right by one of the entrances to the upper trail of Lincoln Park. It didn’t have a sign, and the door didn’t have a window, so you couldn’t see inside. But I was nosy, and the design was so cute, I just had to open the door and take a peek. Yep, books! I love the variety of designs I’m seeing in West Seattle and beyond. What a great concept!

Comment by Jeanie — 2:18 am February 14, 2014 #

12. If you go to littlefreelibrary.org you will find a map with thousands of registered Little Free Libraries worldwide; maybe right in your neighborhood.

Or come to ours, there are TWO on our block: Rutan PL SW by Junction True Value.

Comment by karen — 8:59 am February 14, 2014 #

13. Great to see the community involvement of the residents in West Seattle.

Our building is only two miles away from this Little Free Library. Hope our residents get good use of it and other Little Free Libraries in West Seattle.

Interested in Moving to West Seattle check out our floor plans at http://www.youngstownflats.com/ .

Comment by Youngstown Flats — 2:04 pm February 14, 2014 #