Police search for driver who approached girl near Beach Drive/Alki

January 26, 2014 at 8:00 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 8 Comments

From Kate:

My daughter was taking out the trash, when she was approached by a male stranger driving a newer white compact car. He offered her a ride. As she came in to tell me, he slowly drove south on Beach Drive and stopped a few buildings away. Then he turned around and drove back north on Alki.

She says it happened at about 7:35 pm, and she called 911. We did hear police dispatched to look around the area (described as near where Alki/Beach Drive meet). That’s all the description information we have; last report of someone being approached was January 9th in the Roxhill area, and that car was described as silver/gray.

1. If he stopped,why didn’t someone go drive up to get a plate or description or beat his ass or…..?

Comment by alki resident — 8:34 pm January 26, 2014 #

2. Yikes. Thank you for reporting it to SPD and WSB. Getting this out quickly to the community will hopefully bring this driver into custody.

Comment by Mike — 8:42 pm January 26, 2014 #

3. There’s a guy walking aroound califorina ave with a bag pack. Following folks ,asking if he’s spoking them as he walks by them. Its just odd. 930 tonight..white guy in his 30…

Comment by Al — 9:50 pm January 26, 2014 #

4. Too bad the cameras aren’t working on Beach Drive where it happened. Could probably have pulled up a license plate.

Comment by Delridge Believer — 10:13 pm January 26, 2014 #

5. Unrelated but saw an incident Saturday in the Morgan Junction coming home from work. A guy in his 20′s, who looked like he had just exited the Starbucks, was being tailed by a an officer who was ordering him to stop, but he didn’t. Not sure what happened, but the kid was barefooted and wearing shorts, and looked out of it. Seeing a lot of weird stuff around here lately.

Comment by G — 12:02 am January 27, 2014 #

6. “Seeing a lot of weird stuff around here lately.”

There seems to be a lot of weird people around here lately.

Comment by phil dirt — 7:27 am January 27, 2014 #

7. Smart girl to tell her mother right away, and glad we have the Blog to maintain awareness!

Comment by evergreen — 10:14 am January 27, 2014 #

8. Yes, too much strange stuff. The last time I went to Petco in the Junction I noticed a guy in the parking garage standing by a car and just watching me drive in and exit the car. The situation didn’t feel right so after shopping I asked for a employee to escort me to my car and the guy was in the exact position/place. Just creeped me out. Trust your gut I guess.

Comment by Laura — 11:53 pm January 27, 2014 #