West Seattle’s newest chartered Little Free Library

October 5, 2013 at 11:20 am | In West Seattle books, West Seattle news | 9 Comments

The Little Free Library movement continues going strong in West Seattle (as well as beyond). We don’t have an official count, but we got word from Brian (with the photo) about this brand-new one on Wright Avenue near Lincoln Park: “We recently completed our LFL and received our official plaque. It’s been up for a few weeks and is already very popular.” Info about registering a LFL is here.

1. Another new one popped up on 48th AVE SW, between Holly and Eddy, just up the hill from Lowman Beach. Sorry, I don’t have a photo.

Comment by Kris — 3:48 pm October 5, 2013 #

2. This is the first I have heard of Little Free Library! Simply lovely:)

Comment by Last53BusRider — 4:25 pm October 5, 2013 #

3. The Cove School preschoolers are working on one. Watch for it on California Ave SW by Swedish Medical in the next month or so. Will be sure to let WSB when the reveal happens.

Comment by rnmetty — 6:45 pm October 5, 2013 #

4. Awesome!

Comment by WSB — 6:47 pm October 5, 2013 #

5. The new one on 48th is my wife’s. Our pal Matt Lukin made it from reclaimed wood. Day 2 saw a lot of action at Little Free Library 8702. Will have her send a picture tomorrow.

Comment by Gay Gabrilska — 7:38 pm October 5, 2013 #

6. Great idea! Can’t wait to stop by with my kids.

Comment by Alki Observer — 7:46 pm October 5, 2013 #

7. If anyone has seen one painted light blue with big flowers and butterflies, that was our preschool class project (Arbor Heights Co-op, 4′s class)last year. I’d love to know where it ended up!

Comment by Dawn — 8:01 pm October 5, 2013 #

8. I dig these, thanks to the people who create them.

Comment by West Seattle Hipster — 9:48 am October 6, 2013 #

9. Wonderful! I walked along Wright Ave yesterday looking for the new Little Free Library, and it took me a while to find it, so I thought I’d let people know that it’s north of SW Othello on the east side of Wright Ave, somewhat hidden by a shrub. It’s very sweet and as of yesterday, there were books for both kids and adults there, along with some delightful little scrolls with positive thoughts. Go check it out!

Comment by Trileigh — 11:06 am October 6, 2013 #