‘Coffee with the Sallys’ returning to West Seattle

September 11, 2013 at 10:06 am | In West Seattle news, West Seattle politics | 5 Comments

For the first time in almost two years, per our archives, City Councilmembers Sally Clark (current council president) and Sally Bagshaw will bring their “Coffee with the Sallys” community chat back to West Seattle. (Our photo above is from their stop at the West Seattle Farmers’ Market in November 2011.) Just got confirmation from council staff that they will be at High Point Branch Library (35th/Raymond) 2:30-4 pm on September 28th. It’s an informal drop-in event – so if you have a concern, question, idea, be there.

P.S. Not that it should limit what you bring up, but if you want to know which committees they’re on, check here. Clark currently chairs the Economic Resiliency and Regional Relations Committee, while Bagshaw chairs the Parks and Neighborhoods Committee.

1. Won’t be able to attend out of the country currently someone please go for me and let sally know how she has ruined west seattle for alot of us through pushing for urban development and over crowding the streets buses west seattle in general.

Comment by NW — 8:11 pm September 11, 2013 #

2. Bravo NW, I couldn’t agree more. They are only here because it’s an election year, otherwise they wouldn’t give a…….!

Don’t forget that these “two Sally’s” also voted to put a lot of the Nickelsville residents back on the streets. Some will argue that is was a good thing. Hmmm, no, it wasn’t. Take a good close look and you’ll see that throwing some (hush) money at the residents to ease the councils conscience doesn’t make the problem of homelessness go away. So much for compassionate tolerance from a city council that has anything but that.

I hope they both lose their jobs!

Comment by fauntleroy fairy — 11:35 am September 13, 2013 #

3. Datapoint: Clark is not up for re-election this year. Bagshaw is. They have been doing the “Sallys” tour for at least 2 1/2 years … in early 2011 we covered one of the events in another neighborhood because West Seattle youth-sports leaders were upset about an increase in city fees.

Comment by WSB — 11:52 am September 13, 2013 #

4. WSB – your splitting hairs. I stand by my statement that they wouldn’t be in WS if it wasn’t an election year. Clark is 1/2 of the two Sally’s and I didn’t say Sally Clark was up for re-election. It’s a case of you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours and I’m sure they’ll both be back when she is running, so I’ll say it again….I hope they both lose their jobs!

Comment by fauntleroy fairy — 12:02 pm September 13, 2013 #

5. Two crucial links on the chain of abusive power in downtown Seattle.

Comment by Douglas Tooley — 12:39 pm September 14, 2013 #