West Seattle traffic alert: 4-car crash on Delridge

August 8, 2013 at 7:40 pm | In Delridge, West Seattle news, WS breaking news | 7 Comments

Thanks to everyone who’s tipped us about a multiple-car crash on Delridge Way between Dakota and Genesee (including Dana, who sent the photo above). Our crew (who took the photo below) just arrived and tells us four vehicles were involved, with one person going to the hospital by private ambulance (which generally means non-life-threatening injuries).

It’s in the southbound lane, but traffic is getting around both days – just be ready for a slowdown in the area.

1. Usually I slow down around that spot because kids are running around that skate park right there, people often tailgate me because they want me to speed up, I wonder if that’s what happened here?

Comment by Todd — 9:07 pm August 8, 2013 #

2. Usually there is still some drivers who think they can get ahead and cut up the inside lane which is now a right turn only at Andover. That would be my guess

Comment by mpento — 10:54 pm August 8, 2013 #

3. When I commuted through there, I saw so much bad behavior on that stretch approaching Andover. I used to joke with my husband that an SPD car should hang out in the DSHS parking lot during rush hour–he’d make a month’s quota of tickets in one morning.

Comment by Halyn — 7:42 am August 9, 2013 #

4. The accident happened fairly north of the Andover intersection. Probably a case of people simply following too closely and having to stop to accommodate the backup to the Genesee light. I notice that it backs up a lot at rush hour, sometimes longer.

Comment by highlandpark — 3:08 pm August 9, 2013 #

5. What is up with that Genesee light? It used to stay green a lot longer for the Delridge traffic, now it is very short.

Comment by GoGo — 3:53 pm August 9, 2013 #

6. Please call 206-684-ROAD to report to SDOT if you see a problem with one of their facilities, from a pothole to a traffic light – they may not know. – TR

Comment by WSB — 4:04 pm August 9, 2013 #

7. it was a 5 car accident and a distracted driver (who i think is likely uninsured) crashed into the back of stopped traffic

Comment by magnet — 9:22 pm August 9, 2013 #