Followup: Plant pots donated for Arbor Heights’ tomato project

(Photo by WSB co-publisher Patrick Sand)
Yet another great example of generosity: We wrote on Thursday about the call for one-gallon plant-pot donations for the tomato-growing project in which Arbor Heights Elementary teacher Marcia Ingerslev and her students learn, teach, and share – and about an hour ago, that call was answered, big time! Our photo includes some of the donors as well as excited tomato-farming students. (We’ll be adding a few photos from parent volunteers who were there too – THANK YOU!)

8 Replies to "Followup: Plant pots donated for Arbor Heights' tomato project"

• sc March 29, 2013 (1:23 pm)

“Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future”

John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    (American 35th US President (1917-1963)

• Justin March 29, 2013 (3:30 pm)

Thanks for your excellent lessons, Mrs. I! Thanks for the tomato plants, charitable donors! Way to go, Augie–looking good!

• Nizzle March 29, 2013 (4:47 pm)

Is Ms. Ingerslev still accepting pots? I have some to donate but don’t want to leave them over the weekend.

• Twobottles March 29, 2013 (6:02 pm)

When I first saw the headline, I read “Pot Plants donated…” I know we just legalized pot, but this seemed a bit much :-)

• Marcia Ingerslev March 29, 2013 (7:56 pm)

Thank you to everyone who brought pots to our school. I believe we will have enough for our project this year. The people who came were so kind and encouraging. I am humbled by the response. We have been offered soil. I just need to figure out where to put it. Again, thank you for your support.

• Teri Ensley March 30, 2013 (11:04 am)

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for this awesome student project.

One way to store soil in a small space and make it mobile is to use garbage cans on wheels (and the lid keeps the soil from getting too saturated.) My neighbors, Shawna and Marc, and I are happy to purchase two such plastic garbage cans if and when you are ready for them. Please email me at furryfaces@hotmail.com. Cheers, Teri

• sc March 30, 2013 (11:38 am)

Marcia,

If what Teri suggested would work we will also deliver the 2 cans with soil!

Shawna

• Bryan March 30, 2013 (11:42 am)

To TwoBottles: Glad to know I’m not the only one whose mind sees “pot plants” every time my eyes read “plant pots”. What’s that say about us?

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann