West Seattle Weather Watch: Rainbow sightings

October 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle weather | 8 Comments

Thanks to everyone who has shared photos of the rainbow sightings to the north a short time ago – Stacy sent the double rainbow from Seacrest, and we’ll add others shortly. As mentioned in our morning preview, the forecast says thunderstorms with ice pellets are possible. (But een as we write that – some blue sky is headed this way along with more clouds …)

ADDED 3:42 PM: More rainbow photos! (Plus, a final batch added in early evening, from the ones tweeted to us…)

First, from Steve near 44th and Charlestown:

From Amanda:

And an Alki panorama from Chad:

AND FINALLY, ADDED 7:11 PM: From Patty, downtown:

Andrew, in the High Point area, says this shows the supernumerary – there are actually THREE rainbows in this photo:

Also from High Point, courtesy of Wendy Hughes-Jelen:

From Jen on Alki:

Thanks again to everyone who shared the view(s)!

1. I hope where the rainbow ends bodes well for the Mariners next year!

Comment by Max — 4:15 pm October 23, 2012 #

2. This was actually a triple since there was a supernumerary rainbow on the inside of the primary arc. I took a picture of that supernumerary.

Comment by Watchdog — 5:04 pm October 23, 2012 #

3. Watchdog:

would it be possible to appear to drive through or into a Supernumerary rainbow? One of my coworkers claims she did. I always thought the main bow was at 104.5 degs off the anti-sun, the secondary maybe at 130…I know there is a thing called google but you seem to know your bows…Irish perhaps? :-)

Comment by JayDee — 7:08 pm October 23, 2012 #

4. The dialog above is why I love WS.

Comment by Lola P — 9:50 pm October 23, 2012 #

5. The only thing missing is the blubbering ardor of some old hippy.

Comment by dawsonct — 10:46 pm October 23, 2012 #

6. It’s almost starting to look like a TRIPLE rainbow.

Comment by lox — 7:16 am October 24, 2012 #

7. @dawsonct: Oh, my god!! Double rainbow all the way!

Comment by shed22 — 9:48 am October 24, 2012 #

8. Such a thrill to see these photos. Thanks. I kept expecting it to fade but it lasted quite a while.

Comment by Mary E OConnor — 2:04 pm October 25, 2012 #