West Seattle scenes: Sign of a wedding; plus, Doctor Who in Pigeon Point?

The sign’s up at Easy Street Records – and we’re told the newlyweds will be in the area for photos in a few hours – Auburn e-mailed to share the photo and the news of Sean Jolly and Michelle Mierz – who first met as schoolmates long ago, and much later reconnected and fell in love – getting married. More on that later today.

The other sighting is at the north end of Pigeon Point:

Mark sent that photo – and earlier, Jim sent us one from last night – and as far as we can tell, it just might be a sign that Doctor Who is wandering timelessly around Pigeon Point today. Not a Dr. Who fan? This might explain.

26 Replies to "West Seattle scenes: Sign of a wedding; plus, Doctor Who in Pigeon Point?"

• comment-avatar
    Alyxx August 18, 2012 (12:14 pm)

Unless I am quite confused, both photos are of the Easy Street sign. Very much would like to see the Tardis….

• comment-avatar
      WSB August 18, 2012 (12:16 pm)

Fixed, sorry.

• comment-avatar
    Lola P August 18, 2012 (12:56 pm)

Is it really bigger on the inside?

• comment-avatar
    datamuse August 18, 2012 (1:02 pm)

Looks like Nine is someone’s favorite!

• comment-avatar
    DiverLaura August 18, 2012 (1:21 pm)

Awesome tardis! I hope it stays for a bit….

• comment-avatar
    karen August 18, 2012 (2:13 pm)

I gotta get me one of those!

• comment-avatar
    pigeon Hill Jim August 18, 2012 (2:46 pm)

There goes the neighborhood. Next thing you know, the Daleks will be moving in….

• comment-avatar
    CubanRefugee August 18, 2012 (3:04 pm)

So where in the neighborhood is the TARDIS? I went driving down all the streets and couldn’t spot it, though looking closer now it seems like maybe it’s down a bike path?

I’m a huge Whovian, and I have to get my own picture of it before it’s gone.

• comment-avatar
      WSB August 18, 2012 (3:41 pm)

North end of 22nd SW, per the first note we received. It’s a parklet.

• comment-avatar
    PDH August 18, 2012 (3:16 pm)

Don’t Blink!! Where in pigeon point is it located? My son would love to see it. He built a miniature one the other day. :-)

• comment-avatar
    Lola P August 18, 2012 (3:29 pm)

pigeon Hill Jim:

Dahlak
    2007 South State Street
    Seattle, WA 98144

Rainier Ave S at S. State Street, just south of Oberto. Best Ethiopian food in the city. Think I’ll go for dinner tonight.

• comment-avatar
    Desertdweller August 18, 2012 (4:21 pm)

I hope it lasts until tomorrow! Now that our daughter is born, we’re hoping to take our first family photo next to the Tardis tomorrow.

• comment-avatar
    LAP August 18, 2012 (4:39 pm)

I was driving through the intersection at photo time. Gave a few beeps and a thumbs up and called out “Congratulations” but the wedding party was completely unresponsive….hey….I was just trying to be nice! Cute idea with the sign and the photos – you are very welcome that all the drivers were patient with you. Best Wishes for a long and happy marriage.

• comment-avatar
    cranky westie August 18, 2012 (4:46 pm)

Oh, for the love of Cheetos, people, this is just the sort of extraterresrial provocation that we should expect now that there is a Trader Joes in town, exposing their globalist eating habits. The New World Order is here! We will be slaves of English bow tie wearing do gooders and their companions. Rise up! A very nice ( if sort of squat and metallic sounding) fire plug told me today that he would exterminate the problem. Frankly I am confused as to Who to believe.

• comment-avatar
    KK August 18, 2012 (4:46 pm)

He should be referred to as “The Doctor,” it’s the show that’s called “Doctor Who”.

Sorry, I am now THAT person. :)

• comment-avatar
    koni August 18, 2012 (4:58 pm)

I would be more worried about cybermen with the proximatey to the steel mill ;) I want a Tardis for my yard!!!

• comment-avatar
    Angela August 18, 2012 (4:59 pm)

Does anyone know where exactly it is? Not real familiar with Pigeon Point.

• comment-avatar
    Dave August 19, 2012 (10:11 am)

I have the same question. I would look up the definition of pigeon as it has many meanings. I would like to see the tardis, I love doctor who can enyone do the detective work and let me know at 931. I would like to travel back in time.
    I would love to get a picture. We should act fast the doctor may have to save another world.

Davros RM at 931 Holden :)

• comment-avatar
    Dave August 19, 2012 (11:57 am)

I’m not clear what is the location of tardis is it 22nd SW. My friend wants to travel back in time, before his house was under water and his 401k lost value.

• comment-avatar
    CubanRefugee August 19, 2012 (1:46 pm)

As WSB said, it’s at the north end of 22nd. If you head up Andover, and take a left on 22nd, it’s at the end of the street, you won’t miss it. You can also see it out your right window when getting onto the West Seattle Bridge from the Delridge on-ramp.

• comment-avatar
    Jet City August 19, 2012 (10:37 pm)

Here’s where the Tardis is

• comment-avatar
    Michelle Jolly August 20, 2012 (7:24 am)

LAP, we tried to wave back at everyone we heard. Thank you so much for the well wishes!

• comment-avatar
    Kelly August 20, 2012 (2:41 pm)

Hello, Sweetie.

• comment-avatar
    Dave August 21, 2012 (7:24 am)

Got over to see the tardis, not on solid ground at all. I looked at pictures from the original and this tardis is good, but the door hinges seemed wrong. I’ll do more detective work but all in all a good thing.Saw a poor sick pigeon being harrased by a raven, that remided me of an old doctor who episode.

• comment-avatar
    Ood Sigma August 21, 2012 (9:48 pm)

…and just as mysteriously, it is gone.

• comment-avatar
    davros August 23, 2012 (11:02 pm)

the tardis is headed to Japan days a local festival held every year..this is the plan.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann