Task force arrests East Coast fugitive in West Seattle

January 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 8 Comments

As Kari tells the story, what she saw at 8:45 this morning happened in a flash:

I was going south on Delridge between Thistle and Barton- two SUV’s pulled out in front of us without signals, went half a block, pulled over right without signals, and out popped undercover cops with rifles, forcing two men on the sidewalk to the ground.

We asked Southwest Precinct Lt. Ron Smith what it was about. He says a regional task force arrested a “dangerous fugitive” on a warrant for robbery; they had “information from New Jersey that he was in Seattle.” That’s all the information we have so far; we’re seeking more.

1. Good job by the U.S.Marshals Task Force.

Comment by JimmyG — 2:51 pm January 27, 2012 #

2. No signals? That’s dangerous and lazy.

Comment by Justin — 3:02 pm January 27, 2012 #

3. From someone who got a speeding ticket from an undercover cop, he literally came out of nowhere and the SUV wasn’t marked at all! Although it seems dangerous I think they are smart for not drawing any attention before the takedown. It cant be too dangerous when they are trained to do what they do and many other “regular” drivers never use signals

Comment by Casey — 3:33 pm January 27, 2012 #

4. Well said, Casey. And good work, Marshalls!

Comment by M. — 7:18 pm January 27, 2012 #

5. WOO HOO I Love to come home from a crappy day and read this, I am going to quietly hum the “COPS” bad boy song to myself all night now!! Way to go Task force!!

Comment by Silly Goose — 7:25 pm January 27, 2012 #

6. Nice to know the fugitive is no longer walking our streets. I wonder how long he’d been here and what mischief he’d been up to in our little burg while on the run? Thanks task force folks!

Comment by Ed — 8:24 pm January 27, 2012 #

7. cool

Comment by me — 1:04 am January 28, 2012 #

8. I personally have seen the U.S. Marshall’s TF in action 3 times since living in the Seattle area ( 19 years ) and occurrence # 2 was the most riveting thing I have ever seen in my entire life and I NEVER wish to see ever again.

Comment by PK22 — 3:46 am January 30, 2012 #