West Seattle Crime Watch: Prowlers startled; egg attacks; more

November 7, 2010 at 2:54 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

Several West Seattle Crime Watch reports to share this afternoon, starting with this one from Cassandra:

Recently sighted three men breaking into home on corner of 10th Ave. and SW Elmgrove St. They were surprised by the homeowner¹s landscapers. The three men fled on foot heading south bound down alley between 10th Ave. and 9th Ave. Occurred approximately 1:15pm. Police have been notified.

Four more Crime Watch reports ahead:

From Amy in The Junction:

…I live in an condominium building on 44th AVE SW (near the corner of Oregon) in the Alaska Junction neighborhood. Our apartment has been hit two nights in a row by random egg-throwing hoodlums (for lack of a better term) on our balcony at about 8:15 both nights. Last night we were bombarded with three eggs on our balcony and tonight one egg and a couple eggs also hit the balcony unit above ours.

I’ve reported these incidents via the non-emergency police line shortly after both attacks and just wanted to pass the news along to the blog, in the event others have been doused.

A quick theft report from Al:

I was informed by contractors working in the 5600 block of 41st SW that around 1:15 PM Friday their chop saw was stolen out of their work truck. They said a white van stopped near it about that time.

And this note’s been in the Crime Watch queue from this week too:

I just wanted to write and report another car prowl on 31st & Holden. I took out my faceplate on my cd player as precaution – apparently they didn’t like that too much because they just smashed off my side view mirror instead.

One last FYI – a post in the WSB Forums reports the theft of camping equipment.

1. When was the car prowl on 31st?

Comment by Spikele — 7:30 pm November 7, 2010 #

2. There was an egging incident in my neighborhood, I believe Friday night near 39th and SW Graham St, they attacked a neighbors car. I am not sure if these attacks are related but I wanted to pass the information along in case someone else in the Gatewood/Fairmount area had a similar attack on them. I have no idea why anyone thinks it is their right to destroy another person’s property, but they should be very thankful it wasn’t my car…….

Comment by Twiggie — 9:49 am November 8, 2010 #

3. Our house was hit by eggs (three) on Sat. night about 8:30 or so. Awfully strange that someone previously mentioned their condo (near our house) had been hit by three eggs also. Curious if theirs was also on Sat. night. The police were called. Our neighbor had a very vague description. Three teenagers. All in shorts and t-shirts (in the rain) one had blonde curly hair. There was a white Prius with a roof rack, and a rocket box that drove by and stopped about 5 times after that. Who knows if the two are related. They had to be able to through really well, as our house is up high off the street about 50 feet.

Comment by Stephanie — 12:48 pm November 8, 2010 #

4. Just a heads-up for anyone with the misfortune to have their car egged; clean it off as soon as possible, because the car’s finish can be damaged.

Just a little something I learned from a little ol’ neighborhood news source named WSB! ;)

Mike

Comment by miws — 6:31 pm November 8, 2010 #

5. We have quite the variety of crime going on in West Seattle. Break ins, car prowling and eggs… If anyone is concerned about the security of their home or business please feel free to contact us. We’re a local security company and sponsor of the West Seattle Blog. You can find our website on the banner at the top of the page or email us. jbeem@freedomsystemsinc.com

Comment by Jimmie — 9:21 am November 10, 2010 #

6. I hate to have to say it, but I think there is only one cure for a situation like all the recent eggings. We might have to require ID from people buying EGGS and have them fill out an IDIOT TEST before leaving the store……..Things are looking up……….

Comment by Diane — 8:39 pm November 13, 2010 #