West Seattle food: Jones Barbeque now open in The Triangle

June 29, 2010 at 12:30 pm | In Triangle, West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 18 Comments

(Photographed right after West Seattle’s new Jones Barbeque opened: Shyla Jones & Charelle Love)
ORIGINAL 12:30 PM REPORT: Just checked on Jones Barbeque in The Triangle – drove by and saw signs of impending business – they tell us they’ll be open in a few hours. Here’s our last update, from June 18th, mentioning their hopes for curbside service – we’ll ask about that once they’re open later today.

2:59 PM: Now open. Saw the sign while driving back from the Viaduct South End groundbreaking event (story on that, to come).

3:33 PM: Added a photo. Address is 4417 Fauntleroy, if you haven’t passed the storefront before. Couple notes: You can’t call in orders yet – the phone won’t be in until Thursday. Hours: 11 to 9 Monday through Thursday, 11-10 Friday and Saturday. They haven’t decided yet about Sundays (including the 4th of July) – we’ll check back in a few days. That curbside service WILL be offered, 11 am-4 pm and 6 pm-9 pm Mondays-Fridays, not during 4-6 because of peak traffic.

1. YUM

Comment by Alki Resident — 12:43 pm June 29, 2010 #

2. It IS yum! Driven off the rock many times to get it and now it’s nearly walking distance from home. Another reason never to leave WS.

Comment by getzel — 1:37 pm June 29, 2010 #

3. Yay!

Comment by Jeff — 2:20 pm June 29, 2010 #

4. Perfect timing..park opening tonight then walk down to Jones to pick up tonights picnic.

Comment by AnnĂ© Trifts — 2:36 pm June 29, 2010 #

5. You folks in West Seattle don’t know just how lucky you are. My kids visiting from my home town of Montreal purchased 9 bottles of their ”to die for sauce” & and flew 2300 miles home with all in their suitcases. A story that has repeated itself many times over the last 4yrs. Son was visiting 3 weeks ago & and took back 2 bottles.
    Jones BBQ is becoming famous even in Montreal.

Love you guys/Thank you

Comment by Norma Berube-Adler — 2:56 pm June 29, 2010 #

6. Hmmm, I may know what I’m fixin’ for dinner now! Yeehaa!!

Comment by dawsonct — 3:08 pm June 29, 2010 #

7. Peak traffic lasts until 7pm M-F. I would BEG them to not offer curbside from 4-7pm.

Comment by busser — 4:32 pm June 29, 2010 #

8. Go Jones! I might have to swing by tonight…

Comment by TM — 4:46 pm June 29, 2010 #

9. Yep, even if I don’t order a full meal there, their sauce is amazing.

Makes everything taste like BBQ!

Good luck to them. If anyone can make it in that bad location they can.

Comment by I. Ponder — 6:28 pm June 29, 2010 #

10. Oh it smelled so good!
    Unfortunately, no phone also means they won’t be set up for credit card transactions until Thursday and I had no cash!
    And BTW – ignore the “Tervos Market Parking Only” sign on the entrance to the back lot unless you’re going to Buddha Ruksa.

Comment by MargL — 7:38 pm June 29, 2010 #

11. The location really isn’t that bad. There is tons of parking in the back or across the street. And it’s certainly a major route home for quite a few folks. I just wish the grocery next to them didn’t look like a jail. But hey, what can you do.

Comment by Dan — 8:18 pm June 29, 2010 #

12. Hey, with the double dip recession just around the corner I guess I need to hurry up and stock up on their magical sauce, I got a lot of old shoes in my closet…

Comment by Baba — 10:48 pm June 29, 2010 #

13. Oooh ! There is one between 1st and 2nd Ave S in the SODO and it’s delicious ! I know where I’m going for lunch break from now on.

Comment by triplecp — 5:52 pm June 30, 2010 #

14. This is a very good announcement!!
    Yea!!! More good food comes to West Seattle
    The Jones family has a very distinguished history of great food and awesome customer service.

Welcome to West Seattle!!

Thanks for all you do,

Bruce Bentley

Comment by Bruce — 1:34 am July 1, 2010 #

15. we went there thursday and were very, very impressed with the quality of the BBQ and the amount we got for our money(we did the 2 item combo and had enough for two meals for two of us! all for around $20). very nice folks working there too. we’ll be going back!

Comment by bridge to somewhere — 11:54 am July 3, 2010 #

16. anyone know if they will eventually take credit or debit?

Comment by on board — 9:16 am July 6, 2010 #

17. The sauce is good, their chicken bbq is a joke. $16.50 meal (incl. 2 upgrades) for a microscopic drumstick and dry white meat drenched in sauce. No thanks, buy the sauce and cook the chicken yourself.

i ordered the chicken as they were out of everything else.

I don’t believe the poster made two meals for two out of that $20… impossible.

Comment by steve — 9:22 pm July 7, 2010 #

18. I”m a big fan. Parking is a pain, but it’s worth it. I’ve never had the chicken there..only ribs and brisket. Damn fine. Little secret..get your sauce on the side. Enjoy the flavor of the meat first.-

and..we have new WS “crack food’ honors: Crack Sweet Potato Pie. :)

Comment by grr — 9:04 pm July 12, 2010 #