Update: Pix of Hotwire’s “Project Runway” barista Blayne

We mentioned this earlier in the middle of a multi-topic post – and clearly we erred in not making it banner news: Blayne the barista, who’s worked at Hotwire Coffee (WSB sponsor) for 2 1/2 years, made it to the popular cable-TV reality show “Project Runway” and is taping now for the season that starts next month. Now, courtesy of Hotwire boss Lora Lewis, we have pix of Blayne and his art:

The first two photos are self-explanatory; Lora says the third is Blayne’s self-portrait, while the fourth is his “latte art”:

blaynesmile.jpg

blaynepensive.jpg

blayneselfportrait.jpg

blaynelatte.jpg

Fans – that’s all we have. By the way, Blayne also is responsible for the green-canvas art hanging by the Hotwire coffee bar right now – as seen in the Sally Clark photo we included in this report (the walking tour that night happened to start at Hotwire).

16 Replies to "Update: Pix of Hotwire's "Project Runway" barista Blayne"

• comment-avatar
    charlabob June 18, 2008 (6:06 pm)

Yup, he’s definitely fierce! Go Blayne!

• comment-avatar
    ann June 18, 2008 (6:21 pm)

How fun! I love that show. Although I can’t wait until it’s on Lifetime because I don’t get Bravo…

• comment-avatar
    JoB June 18, 2008 (6:45 pm)

i think k said he wouldn’t be on next month’s show but on the one after that.

if you think about it, it just makes sense since they give them 6 months or so to put together their collections.

let’s hope we get to see his collection.

he does look fierce!

as for not getting bravo.. we are looking for someplace to do project runway showings this year…

• comment-avatar
    glenn June 18, 2008 (9:16 pm)

I can’t wait!!! GO BLAYNE!

• comment-avatar
    Creighton June 18, 2008 (10:34 pm)

Small world. More power to you Blayne. If you can stitch like you can make a latte then you’re a lock. Best to you.

• comment-avatar
    grr June 19, 2008 (8:43 am)

maybe we could talk the folks at Shadowlands into making good use of those two big TV’s over the bar for a Project Runway night….better than watching the Mariners lose…

• comment-avatar
    grr June 19, 2008 (8:43 am)

..Abodannza would be an option as well….

• comment-avatar
    Jen V. June 19, 2008 (9:02 am)

I think Hotwire should show it there, in the courtyard- with a projection TV. Just a thought….

• comment-avatar
    grr June 19, 2008 (11:59 am)

well..it is July…and that means rain….I’d opt for inside :)

• comment-avatar
    JenV June 19, 2008 (1:01 pm)

oh yeah…I almost forgot where we live. I bet Shadowland would be totally down for it. I don’t normally watch PR, but with someone local to root for, I will likely watch this time.

• comment-avatar
    Teri June 19, 2008 (3:00 pm)

I don’t like reality TV shows…but am going to watch Blayne. He earned this amazing career opportunity!

Think we should have a few West Seattle locations for Blayne’s Project Runway nights.

1. Hotwire Courtyard–if Project Runway will grant permission–we don’t want to get Lora in any kind of legal trouble.

2. Beveridge Place Pub–always a great community venue.

3. Shadowland is another terrific idea and location.

Each venue would offer a slightly different atmosphere. What a wonderful way to support Blayne and promote West Seattle community.

• comment-avatar
    LyndaB June 19, 2008 (7:45 pm)

oh, i love project runway. i second, third, fourth, whatever, a project runway viewing night. supporting a local makes it all the better!

• comment-avatar
    ben leiie July 16, 2008 (11:28 pm)

What is his number, he is fineee!
    Now I have a reason not to go to starbucks!

• comment-avatar
    Rene July 30, 2008 (4:22 pm)

You go boy, I love you and your work Love Rene your cousin

• comment-avatar
    Diana Mohr August 3, 2008 (3:40 pm)

Blayne, My daughter, Amanda and I would’ve traveled anywhere in Yakima to be served coffee by you.
    You put your heart in everything you do! We are so excited for all you’ve done and want you to know, Steve and I are cheering you on!!
    Love, Diana

• comment-avatar
    Lee August 16, 2008 (9:11 am)

Blaine and Stella are my favorites. Blaine is totally adorable. He has really grown on me. I love his wit and youth. If you read this Blaine, go sweetie! You’ve got fans!

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann