May 30, 2020 at 9:38 pm #979419
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our locally made chocolates to our mouthwatering local pears.
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions in all of our departments provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
This exciting opportunity is a two days a week, part-time position with flexibility to cover other shifts as needed. 10 – 20 hours per week.
Job Summary: As part of our Retail Support (Corporate) Staff, this position completes a scheduled delivery route to transport products and documents between the Retail Support Center and all store locations. This position also provides outstanding service while interacting with internal and external customers, vendors, and business associates.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Effectively transports products, interoffice/external mail, and other items, as needed between the corporate office and all other store locations.
• Completes all daily activities as assigned or needed; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
• Maintains delivery vehicle in a safe, clean, and organized manner; stores products in a manner consistent with HACCP and Department of Health provisions.
• Uses work-related equipment correctly under manufacturer guidelines.
• Readily accepts delegated responsibilities and positively responds to the direction of the Food Service Director. Accurately completes assigned projects within a given time frame.
• Works a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
• Achieves Metropolitan Market attendance requirements.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Must possess current Washington State Driver’s License; excellent driving record required.
• Able to read and understand invoices and delivery instructions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within a deadline a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Exceptional customer service skills. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
• Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
• Able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Health Reimbursement Arrangement
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Matching 401K
* Generous Employee Discount
* Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Met ACTIVE Account – Money Provided to Support an Active, Healthy Lifestyle
* Team Member Assistance Program
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job descriptions.
1. Go to http://www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.