- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
March 22, 2019 at 3:13 pm #944585
Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. is the largest diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, a leading provider of marine construction and infrastructure support services in the United States, and an internationally recognized casualty responder.
We are currently seeking an HR Assistant to join our team in Seattle, WA. The HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with employee on-boarding paperwork and daily tasks including upkeep of personnel files, unemployment claims, and other HR tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Process employee status changes daily
• Create and maintain employee personnel files
• Complete I-9’s for new hires and process all hires using E-Verify
• Collect & forward new-hire certificates and safety training paperwork to all relevant parties
• Follow up with incomplete hiring paperwork
• Weekly monitoring of unemployment claims
• Reconcile credit card billing and other HR Group transactions
• Maintain new hire, change, and termination tracking systems in Excel
• Assist with onboarding of new hires as needed
• Assist HR Manager and Coordinator as needed on special projects
• AA degree or similar certification
• BA/BS degree in HR, or similar preferred
• 2 years’ experience in HR or Admin role preferred
• Intermediate Microsoft Suite skills (Outlook, Word, Excel) required
• Experience with an applicant tracking system preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to prioritize among multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Very strong attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
Physical / Mental Requirements
• Perform work in an office setting
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
Global will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Global’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at http://www.gdiving.com/about/employment
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.