April 7, 2021 at 3:45 pm #1003155
Fruits to FrondsParticipant
Hiring full-time Lead Gardener and Apprentice – Career Opportunity in Horticulture
Fruits to Fronds LLC is a West Seattle-based garden design, installation and maintenance company. Our job sites range from Renton to Shoreline, from Vashon Island to Mercer Island.
Job description: The majority of our work is installing and maintaining residential gardens and occasionally construction landscaping. Lead Gardener will help address seasonal gardening needs on sites and report work details, perform regular activities such as weeding, mowing, trimming and edging, planting, pruning, deadheading and mulching.
Gardener will be responsible for the safe and careful use of vehicles and power equipment.
Required – A background in horticulture and a comprehensive knowledge of landscape plants, best practices for planting, pruning, fertilizing and soil health. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a career in horticulture, has an upbeat attitude, and an eye for detail.
– Lead Gardener : A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar gardening job. Apprentice: no experience necessary, must have a horticulture background
– Ability to work rain or shine while performing physically active tasks that include bending, kneeling, digging, lifting, etc while maintaining a positive attitude
– Ability to take direction, be detail oriented, work quickly, efficiently and independently
– Strong communication skills
– Excellent time management, punctuality, strong work ethic
– Ability to lift 25-50 lbs if needed (think of compost bales)
– Daily digital recordkeeping and good organizational skills
– Own transportation to and from the jobsites. Must have clean driver’s license
Not required but it would be great:
– Knowledge of native and ornamental plants
– Trailer driving experience is a plus
– Experience or interest in installing and repairing irrigation systems
– Willingness to learn
Compensation: Lead gardener: from $20, apprentice: from $17, DOE.
Benefits are available after the successful completion of a 6 month probation.
There is an opportunity to advance in pay and responsibility following training.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to apply to email@example.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.