- This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
August 19, 2019 at 11:49 am #957506
Bookkeeper: St. John the Baptist – Episcopal
Status: Part time; 8-10 Hours/week
Supervisor: The Rev. Kate Wesch
Summary: Under general supervision and in accordance with established guidelines, performs the bookkeeping related tasks that provide finance and accounting support to the Rector, the Treasurer, and St. Johns Parish.
Key responsibilities include:
• Weekly entry of deposit information by account
• Weekly or as required check runs to pay invoices and expenses.
• Weekly supervision of tellers and generation of report with tellers.
• Journal entries for transferring funds between accounts as directed by the Rector and/or Treasurer
• Payroll management (twice per month pay periods) and related IRS compliance
• Reconciliation of deposit and expense information against bank statements
• Weekly entry of offerings received.
• Periodic review and maintenance of Pledge records.
• Additional tasks include maintaining records related to all finance, bequest, and other related activities.
• (Quarterly) Prepare and mail offering statements;
• Maintain offering and accounting paper files.
• Maintain confidentiality of the all parishioner information
The work environment is a professional office arrangement. As a church, it is important to convey a serving attitude and accommodating spirit to our members, guests, and other people who interact with the church.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or requirements that are necessary for the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time and with or without notice. Ability to be a team player and flexible in fulfilling needs is expected where possible.
Ideal candidates will possess advanced knowledge of basic accounting skills, Quickbooks (Non-Profit edition), Intuit Payroll, general knowledge of pledge and offering procedures, and be technologically savvy. Flexible schedule.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an hourly position, paid at $20-22/hour, depending on experience.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.