West Seattle, Washington
Home › Forums › West Seattle Jobs Offered › Alki Lumber is looking for experienced help! (Prior Building Materials)
Alki Lumber is looking for experienced help! Great opportunity for someone with building materials experience!! M-F hours, right in the heart of West Seattle.
What you will do:
· Load materials onto vehicles and install banding/strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage.
· Move freight, stock, and other materials from the warehouse to the production areas, loading docks, and delivery vehicles.
· Stock incoming freight neatly in appropriate locations and under cover as needed.
· Ensure all incoming yard stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access, safety and loss control.
· Maintain yard and warehouse areas, keeping swept, organized, clean and hazard free.
What you should have:
· General knowledge of lumber yard merchandise and/or previous experience working in a lumber yard and/or retail. (Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
· Individuals should be able to handle tasks efficiently with the ability to set priorities and meet established objectives.
· A strong work ethic and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment are required.
· Positive attitude and communication style.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 18+ years of age
· Forklift certification/experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Please apply at email@example.com or come on into the store!