$5,000 reward offered after dog thrown from Viaduct

Home Forums Open Discussion $5,000 reward offered after dog thrown from Viaduct

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

furryfaces
    Participant

If you know anything about who this ‘person’ is, please contact Seattle Animal Shelter @ 206-386-4288.

King 5 News:

PETA is offering a $5,000 reward to find the person who it says threw a white poodle from the Alaskan Way Viaduct Sunday.

The agency says it happened around 11:10 a.m. at Union Street and that the dog may have been thrown from a moving vehicle. The dog survived without serious injuries.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Seattle Animal Shelter at 206-386-4288.

http://www.king5.com/news/pets-and-animals/5000-reward-dog-thrown-from-Viaduct-221649251.html

quesera

So amazed and glad the dog survived…Is there any chance it jumped? It always worries me to see people letting their dogs hang their heads out of windows rolled down far enough for the dog to get out.

anonyme
    Participant

If someone actually did this, I’d like to see THEM thrown from the viaduct.

Driez206

I agree with anonyme, disgusting.

luckymom30
    Participant

Glad to hear the dog will be OK. I would help in throwing this person over the viaduct. We can only hope this scum of the earth never owns another animal.

Furry Faces is the dog requiring any medical aid? A foster or forever home, I would assume are needed.

furryfaces
    Participant

Good question luckymom. We will forward it to Seattle Animal Shelter. They are great about responding to inquiries from both the public and small animal advocacy/rescue groups.

Will let you know what we find out.

Cheers, The F3 Gang

KBear
    Participant

Sources less hysterical than PETA are reporting that it is not known whether the dog was thrown or jumped or fell on its own. Still, it seems likely that human negligence was involved, if not outright cruelty.

funkietoo
    Participant

furryfaces
    Participant

Seattle Animal Shelter responded with an answer to luckymom30’s question:

The dog has been treated and released [from the medical clinic] and appears to be ok. If no one claims him we will place him for adoption here or through one of our foster homes.

…and here is their response to KBear’s point:

We are investigating and are hopeful that the PETA reward posting will help to generate leads.

So, please, if anyone knows about this dog, please contact Seattle Animal Shelter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.