Seattle, WA 98126
Free Tax Help – No Appointment Needed
@ West Seattle Food Bank / WS Community Resource Center
6516 35th Ave SW just south of SW Morgan St
Now through April 18, 2019
Weds: 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
Thurs: 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am–2:00 pm
United Way’s Free Tax Preparation services are available for most people who earned $66,000 or less in 2018 – see below for exceptions.
Certified volunteers are here to help you with your taxes. Starting in March we can also help file and/or amend returns for tax years 2017, 2016, and 2015.
For more information or to see a list of all tax prep sites, go to www.FreeTaxExperts.org
Please arrive at least 45 minutes before closing time and make sure you bring all required documents.
– Social Security cards / individual tax identification numbers (ITINs) and birth dates for everyone to be listed on the return
– Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse if applicable
– All tax statements, such as W-2 forms (from all your employers), 1099 forms (interest, dividends, unemployment, contract work, retirement income), SSA-1099 forms (Social Security), etc.
– Health Insurance forms 1095-A (required), 1095-B (required if available), or 1095-C (required if available). 1095-A is required if you receive a subsidy through Washington Health Plan Finder
– If you are married, both you and your spouse must be present (we generally cannot prepare married filing separate returns)
– Ride share or delivery drivers: bring all 1099 forms, tax reports from the payer(s), business mileage for your car and business expenses
– Bank account number and routing number
– A copy of last year’s tax return
Exceptions – we generally cannot prepare tax returns with the following:
– Married filing separate status (limited exceptions)
– Rental income
– Sale of property or stocks
– Business or self-employed income with expenses more than $25,000, a net loss, and/or use of your home as a business expense
For more info: www.FreeTaxExperts.org