ORIGINAL THURSDAY NIGHT REPORT: The full report on tonight’s West Seattle Bridge Community Task Force meeting is yet to come – late tonight or tomorrow – but one note was worth breaking out, lest it get lost amid the bridge updates: Sara Zora from the Reconnect West Seattle program said the Fire Department has signed off on some speed bumps that were on hold because of emergency-response concerns. So they’ll go ahead with the installation at spots on 106th, 18th, 45th, Cloverdale, and Marine View Drive. Specific locations weren’t recapped; we’ll be following up on that tomorrow.
ADDED FRIDAY AFTERNOON: SDOT’s response to our followup inquiry:
Speed cushions are anticipated to be installed in March in the following five locations:
– (1) SW 106th St between 35th and 41st Ave SW
– (1) 18th Ave SW between SW Myrtle and Graham St
– (3) 45th Ave SW between SW Trenton St and SW Director St
– (1) SW Cloverdale St between 11th Ave SW and 12th Ave SW
– (2) Marine View Dr between 44th Ave SW and SW 106th St
This is eight speed cushions in total.