WEST SEATTLE CRIME WATCH: Car prowlers undeterred by snow

Though the Admiral area saw snow overnight, car prowlers didn’t seem to care. We have two reader reports from that area:

MULTIPLE CARS PROWLED: A texter reports, “There was a string of car prowls on 41st Ave SW, just south of the high school early this am. Several locks were hollowed out.”

SUNGLASSES STOLEN: From Rachael – “My husband;s car was rifled through last night. We live on Ferry Avenue a few doors down from the fire station in North Admiral. He apparently left it unlocked and the only thing they stole was his prescription sunglasses.”

6 Replies to "WEST SEATTLE CRIME WATCH: Car prowlers undeterred by snow"

• Carole January 13, 2020 (9:47 am)

It also didn’t deter burglars.  For about the third time someone tried to pry open our condo door lock cover.  Not successfully.

• West Seattleite January 13, 2020 (9:52 am)

My husband’s truck was rifled through last night as well.  Doesn’t appear that anything was taken, but such a rude awakening.  We are on 42nd a couple of blocks south of West Seattle High School.

• Eric January 13, 2020 (10:11 am)

My Ring app lets me know of local incidents.  Recently several things have happened in this same general vicinity.  We are 5 blocks away from the high school.

• Chris January 13, 2020 (1:27 pm)

We have had a string of vehicle break ins in North Admiral also.  Vehicles gone through, registrations, car manuals, insurance and other items taken.    Police were notified,

• Anna January 13, 2020 (9:23 pm)

I noticed this morning that the gas cap to my truck was stolen and gas door left open. Not sure if someone tried to siphon at some point yesterday evening.. I did check the fuel level and it was to where I remember so I’m not sure what happened. noticed some gas in the street behind where I was parked too. I live in Gatewood.

• Amber January 14, 2020 (2:16 pm)

We had footsteps in the snow that lead to each of our car doors definitely someone checking for unlocked doors last night. Hinds and 46th. Ours were locked.