(OCT. 3 UPDATE: Four competitors have signed up – Feedback Lounge, Elliott Bay, Husky Deli, The Swinery – room for five more; see below!)
(Photo courtesy West Seattle Junction Association)
More West Seattle Junction Harvest Festival news: The chili cookoff is coming back. And businesses interested in being part of it this year need to speak up fast!
The Junction Association is sponsoring a fundraiser for the West Seattle Food Bank at our 3rd Annual Harvest Festival on Sunday, October 26th. Our neighborhood restaurants will bring their best pot of chili and compete for bragging rights of Best Chili at Harvest Festival – 2014. It’s free for restaurants to enter. The West Seattle public will vote by buying a flight of chili and choosing their favorite! 100% of the donations collected will go to the West Seattle Food Bank to help our community. Last year we raised $1400 for the food bank in just two hours!
Some logistics and rules to enter. Participants must:
* Be a West Seattle business.
* Bring 2.5 gallons of hot chili made in commercial kitchen. We’ll have chafing dishes but bring it hot!!
* Provide a chili server who has a current Food Handlers Card. Restaurant owner, lead chef, or manager preferred.
* Be ready to serve at 11 am! With 2.5 gallons of chili, we’ll be able to serve over 100 flights and the competition will be done by 1 pm.
* Note that we’re increasing requested amount from last year’s 2 gallons. The Food Bank is planning to hustle this thing to raise more money!
* We have room for only 9 competitors. First come, first serve, don’t delay.
We’ll provide everything else. To register, please e-mail email@example.com with your business name, contact person, and agreement that rules will be followed. Deadline Friday, October 17th.