For the second year, a Holiday Toy Swap ‘n’ Sale is in the works for West Seattle – and it’s time to get your donations in – to save money, “green up” your holidays, and give a boost to WestSide Baby, Family Works, and CoolMom, which is again organizing the sale. Last year’s first-ever event was popular, as our photo above shows, and preparations for the encore are well under way. The sale is 9 am-1 pm November 14th at Fauntleroy Church (9140 California SW) but you don’t have to go there to donate – collections are under way at various locations. First, here’s the “how” of it:
1. De-clutter and detach from all the unused toys and gear in that closet/garage.
2. Bag up your items: toys, sports clothes and products, baby gear, etc. (no clothing or car seats)
3. Donate your items at one of our 8 West Seattle locations before 4 pm Wednesday, November 11
4. Include your name on your donation bag (or on a slip of paper inside the bag)
5. Receive a $5 credit toward your purchase on the day of the sale.
6. Come to the sale, redeem your credit, and shop!
Any time before the deadline, take your “quality used toy(s)” donations to any of these locations, where you’ll find a drop bin:
PCC West Seattle (WSB sponsor)
Gatewood Elementary School
Arbor Heights Elementary School
Community School of West Seattle
Alki Co-op Preschool
By the way, if you’d like to get involved with CoolMom, the West Seattle group meets the first Wednesday of the month – that’s next Wednesday, Nov. 4 – 7 pm at C & P.
| 1 COMMENT