tax advice

Home Forums Open Discussion tax advice

  • This topic contains 0 voices and has 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #606130


    I recently moved from corporate employment to status as a solo independent contractor.

    It should be relatively simple (low expenses, moderate tax exposure), but I still would like some basic guidance on how to avoid under or over paying on taxes.

    Any referrals to a good, reasonably-priced tax adviser for someone in my situation would be appreciated.



    Post deleted. Reminder that when people ask for help and recommendations here, that’s what this forum was founded for five years ago – please either answer them sincerely with information along the lines of what they were looking for, or don’t answer at all. – Tracy



    Try Mary Gleason, Gleason & Associates – 206.937.5323. She’s a local West Seattle business. I’ve worked with her for several years with my business and personal taxes and have been very satisfied.



    start using quickbooks to keep track of invoicing expenses et al



    It sounds like you would basically be filing a Schedule C for self employment income with your 1040, any tax professional should be capable of advising you in planning for 2013 when you go to file your 2012 taxes. I prefer H & R Block, either in person or on-line.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann