- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
February 11, 2018 at 2:57 pm #908674
Coastal manager is responsible for day to day shop operations and maintaining a physical store presence that falls into accordance with the high retail standards of customer service, cleanliness, product selection and general coolness that Coastal expects and has come to be known for.
You are the point person for all employees, overseeing other sales associates during business hours, making sure daily tasks are being accomplished and the shop is always in working order. The time requirement is 30-40 hours per week during peak season, 25-35 hours during off-season. And also to have fun and make sure Coastal customers and employees are happy!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– acting as the primary contact person when owner is unavailable or off-premises to handle customer communication as well as employee issues.
– employee scheduling and hiring, and point person for resolving scheduling conflicts when they arise.
– supervise other employees, up to 2 in each shift
determine and manage daily break schedules for each employee
phase employees at slow periods (due to weather, etc)
– interior and exterior shop appearance: product merchandising, window displays, POP management, shop cleanliness, look of outside yard, backstock area and office organization, etc.
– inventory liason: communicating with owner to ensure that product selection is at optimum levels for each season. notifying owner when “hot” items need restocking or sizes need to be reordered to ensure item turns are also at optimum levels.
– supplies liason: maintaining a working list of supplies needed and reporting to owner in a timely manner so the shop is always fully stocked with tissue paper, bags, cleaning supplies, lightbulbs, change, register tape, cleaning supplies, office supplies, etc.
– monitoring petty cash and change in drawer and notifying owners when adjustments/fill-ins need to be made.
– return authorizations: will contact sales reps to obtain Return Authorizations for damaged merchandise, package merchandise for return and communicate to owner when packages are ready. Also repair certain pieces instead of sending back if its financially advantageous to do so.
– inventory check-in and placement on floor. Also delegating which employees are capable of doing this task while not being supervised.
– manage employee and customer special orders to ensure orders are placed and received in a timely manner.
– Monitoring and updating the Coastal Social Media: Facebook page, Twitter, Blog in order to keep our customers up to date with incoming product and events.
– Retrieving phone messages and relaying them to owners in a timely manner.
– Work with owner to put sponsor prize packs and donations together.
– Submit payroll, tally hours and review, report totals to bookkeeper and cc owners
– Assist in writing orders
3-5 years retail sales experience necessary. Management skills and merchandising abilities are desirable. Some physical activities like lifting boxes, signs, and bikes from in and out of the shop will be required.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by coastal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.