- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
January 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm #870355
Providence is calling a Primary Registered Nurse (RN) (Long Term Care, Day Shift, 1.0) to Providence Mount St. Vincent in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
* Act as an advocate for patients in maintaining choice, independence, privacy, dignity and security.
* Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to prepare and administer individualized nursing plans.
* Have responsibility for providing direct patient care to sub-acute patients and long term care residents, which may include those with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
* Assist the Manager in supervising neighborhood staff (NACs, Housekeepers, Diet Hosts).
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare Providers
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or obtain within 30 days of employment
* Current food handler’s permit
* Prior nursing experience in long term care and/or with Alzheimer’s or Dementia patients
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
* At least 3 years of nursing experience
* Experience supervising nursing assistants
* Teaching skills
Providence Mount St. Vincent is a vibrant, elegant and innovative living care community for primarily older adults that celebrates life, living and individual capability. We are West Seattle’s largest employer with nearly 500 employees representing more than 27 countries of origin. “The Mount” is home to more than 400 people who need some type of assistance with daily living or are in need of 24-hour care. Programs offered include assisted living apartments, skilled nursing in specially designed neighborhoods, short-stay sub-acute care, an adult day program and the Intergenerational Learning Center for child care of infants and preschool age children.
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 140098
Other Full-Time, Part-Time & Per Diem RN positions available for multiple shifts.
Click here to see a list of all current openings at Mount St. Vincent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.