January 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm #606090
Hi! Thanks for using the WSB Forums, a dedicated reader-to-reader section now in its sixth year. The “West Seattle Jobs Offered” section has become its most popular feature, and we are pleased to help local businesses find local workers by posting free “help wanted” items here.
For this section – a couple very important rules before you post anything, since unfortunately we have to delete rule-breaking posts without warning:
*THIS IS FOR JOB OPENINGS ONLY, NOT “JOB WANTED.” We hope someday to accommodate the latter, but for now, we can’t.
*THIS IS FOR WEST SEATTLE/WHITE CENTER/SOUTH PARK EMPLOYERS ONLY. We know people from West Seattle work all over the region. But because we are offering this as a FREE service (while others charge for job listings), we must keep it to LOCAL employers only.
*NO “BLIND” ADS. Please include your business’s name, and a contact name/e-mail (and/or phone number) in the listing. Job-seekers need to be able to connect with you directly, not just post a reply for all the world to see.
*ADDED 3/2/13: Reiterating, you must post your contact information. Job listings are not discussion topics – someone with questions needs to be able to contact you directly, off the site. If a listing does not include contact information, we will delete it.
If you have any questions about whether your potential post meets the rules above, you are welcome to e-mail us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to let you know. Good luck in finding great people! – Tracy & Patrick (WSB co-publishers)June 17, 2016 at 6:42 am #847874
Are “job wanted” ads allowed now, despite the above posting? There are several currently on view, despite having been reported.September 19, 2016 at 2:44 pm #858253
Now is your opportunity to work virtually for a dynamic and progressive accounting firm. Nordstrom Virtual Office (www.nordstromvirtualoffice.com) (NVO) provides back office (primarily accounting) services remotely for small- to medium-sized companies around the world. The full-time Accounts Payable Specialist/Office Administrator works virtually and performs daily and month-end accounts payable functions for NVO clients. He/she also picks up the mail each workday afternoon in the north end of West Seattle.
* Enter accounts payable invoices for clients of NVO
* Set up vendors, requesting proper setup forms and W9s if not already received, for NVO clients
* Set up vendor bills for payment via Billpay or ACH
* Reconcile vendor balances with vendors’ records
* Respond to clients’ accounts payable-related questions from clients’ vendors and NVO employees
* Deposit checks received for clients at client banks after picking up from mail service each afternoon
* Prepare weekly and bi-monthly Bills to Pay reports for clients’ check runs
* Reconcile bank accounts
* Manage and retain organization of several email addresses, some of which are shared with other NVO staff
* Send annual 1099 forms via electronic software
* Other duties and special projects, as assigned
The ideal candidate:
• Is independent, reliable, disciplined, highly organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and work with little guidance
• Has several years of accounts payable experience
• May work flexible hours while still meeting daily, weekly and monthly established deadlines
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Is excited to participate in a team-oriented environment while working remotely
• Has experience with Sharepoint, Dropbox, Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks. eBillity timetracker and Yearli 1099 software experience a plus.
• Is able to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
The position requires up to 40 hours per week; possibility for ramping up hours from 10 to 40 per week. Qualified persons please send resume to Debi@NordstromVirtualOffice.com.September 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm #858255
Sorry – please delete the above post. I copied it above on accident! – Debi NordstromSeptember 22, 2016 at 9:39 pm #858551
MontaneesParticipantSeptember 23, 2016 at 7:44 am #858570
Montanees, your listing should be entered as a new post under “West Seattle Jobs Offered”, not as a response to a separate thread about rules regarding job postings.
Not sure why so many people fail to grasp this concept, but maybe the rules announcement could be set up in a way that does not allow discussion…?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.