- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
March 8, 2018 at 10:03 am #910862
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a company that is recognized in the food industry for freshness and quality – from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche, to our high volume Poke Bar and cut-to-order specialty meats and cheeses.
If you are looking for a company that is dedicated to your growth and development, while supporting the communities in which you work and live, we are the company for you! We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Summary: As a key member of our Finance & Accounting Department, this position is responsible for companywide payroll administration. Performs various payroll administrative functions, including bi-weekly payroll preparation and processing, audits, discrepancy resolution, systems maintenance, reports generation, and annual W-2 preparation. This role acts as point of contact for questions and information related to payroll.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepares and processes companywide bi-weekly payroll.
• Reviews payroll documents for accuracy; makes appropriate adjustments and obtains necessary approvals.
• Prepares payroll journal entries and reconciles payroll to general ledger.
• Maintains and tracks employee leave balances, benefit payroll deductions, and garnishments; maintains and administers 401(k) plan contributions and disbursements.
• Works closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure the coordination and accuracy of all pay rates, earnings, benefit deductions, and PTO balances.
• Assists with the maintenance and acts as administrator for payroll systems; researches, troubleshoots, and resolves questions from users.
• Develops and runs custom reports as required by business needs and or/as requested.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal payroll tax laws and regulations; regularly performs research and remains up-to-date on all changes in state and federal legislation affecting payroll; implements updates as required.
• Completes miscellaneous clerical and administrative functions, including filing and photocopying, as required.
• Completes daily activities as assigned or needed; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
• Adheres to company guidelines regarding prevention of internal and external loss, including risk management, accident prevention/safety awareness, and loss prevention.
• Upholds all Metropolitan Market policies and procedures; adheres to all applicable local, state, and federal laws; adheres to applicable UFCW Union contract provisions.
• Performs all job responsibilities with professionalism and appropriate discretion/confidentiality as determined by the Company’s policies, procedures, and expectations; acts accordingly at all times while representing the Company (including activities/functions away from the office location).
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Controller.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum of three years experience in computerized payroll processing required. Previous experience with ADP Work Force Now payroll system preferred.
• Experience with union payroll processing preferred.
• Previous experience with timekeeping software desired.
• Proven proficiency in payroll, timekeeping, payroll tax reports, and reporting systems and modules.
• Minimum of two years experience in a professional office environment performing accounting related duties required.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration including state and federal regulations; demonstrates a solid understanding of state and federal labor and tax laws.
• Strong computer skills and experience; must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills is required. Analytical and problem solving skills a must; proven history of analyzing numerical data.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
• Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
• Able to lift and carry 35 pounds.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job description for the Payroll Administrator position.
1. Go to https://www.metropolitan-market.com/careers
2. Complete a general application and create a profile
3. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
* Generous Employee Discount
* HRA and HSA Options with Money Provided to you by the Company for Health Care Expenses
* Met ACTIVE Account: Money Provided to you by the Company to Support an Active, Healthy Lifestyle
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.