- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
April 10, 2018 at 7:50 pm #913635
The West Seattle Community Orchestras (WSCO) is a thriving and growing community arts non-profit organization seeking a new Orchestra Manager.
The ideal candidate for this part-time position would be able to assume the responsibility for the general operations of a multi-group, 250+ member, board run organization.
Including but not limited to the following tasks:
• Overall responsibility for planning and execution of programs of the organization.
• Communications and coordinating between our conductors, including contracts.
• Lead and coordinate support staff, including assistants, music librarian, and volunteers.
• Coordinate weekly rehearsals, concerts, and special events.
• Attend monthly meetings of WSCO’s Advisory Board of directors; provide input to the work of key committees such as budgeting and staffing.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Highly organized.
• Access to own computer with internet and confident using Word, Excel, and on-line documents.
• Knowledge of email platforms.
• Basic music knowledge.
• Basic Publisher and database knowledge and use.
• Basic website skills for updates/minor formatting.
• Currently active orchestral musician a plus.
Hours will vary depending on the time of year but should not exceed 15 hours a week. Compensation and responsibilities will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s abilities, experience, and ambition. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a vibrant organization in our community.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 19.
WSCO is a unique institution among community orchestras because of its strong educational mission and programs. We seek to engage and embody a lifelong love of music making, especially inspiring this joy in our younger players, but for people of all ages as well. To this end, we actively cultivate an environment that is inclusive, cooperative, and fun. We provide an array of ensembles for varied abilities and instrumentation, ranging from our Debut Orchestra to our top West Seattle Symphony Orchestra. All groups are all ages, where we encourage a culture of mentoring supported with coaching by professional players.
For more information about WSCO, visit our website at http://www.wscorchestras.org.
- This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Toni orchestra.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.