May 8, 2018 at 3:20 pm #916050
HOUSE MANAGER Job Description
General Responsibilities: Provides supervision of the front of house during performances and special events. This position is responsible for audience seating, customer service, hospitality and maintaining audience and volunteer safety at all times. This position coordinates with the Production Stage Manager during performances and acts as shift supervisor for all front of house paid staff and volunteers.
Hours: Part-time, evenings and some weekend matinees with shifts ranging from 2-4 hours depending on the length of the production run. Shifts are on a sign up, first-reply first scheduled basis.
Supervision: This position reports to the Box Office Manager & Volunteer Coordinator.
• Opening and closing the theater for performances, special events and rentals.
• Maintaining the safety and comfort of the public at all times.
• Creating the ideal conditions for their enjoyment of ArtsWest’s programs
• Assist the public with special needs (including early seating for injured or disabled persons) and train ushers in matters of audience safety and emergency evacuation.
• Act as liaison between ArtsWest and the public in addressing their concerns courteously and promptly plus set a professional tone for all publics, whether patrons or volunteers
• Count/reconcile cash tills to concession reports
• Work with Box Office to seat latecomers
• Provide lobby security during performances and other events
• Manage emergency situations involving audience members and the public
• Works in consultation with Production Stage Management to hand over a seated audience ready for the performance.
Note: Washington liquor and food handling training and certification are required – the fee and time spent in class are paid for by ArtsWest.
House Managers may be asked to cross-train in box office and bartending.
Interested parties please email the Box Office and Volunteer Manager, Elaine Cho at email@example.com with a resume. Cover letters encouraged.
May 15, 2018 at 4:25 pm #916796
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.