- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
August 10, 2017 at 11:58 am #891509
Come Join the team at Bartell Drugs, The Northwest’s Best Loved Drugstore! We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Technician Level 1. This is an hourly position with full benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401k + great matching, employee discount and more! Based at our headquarters in West Seattle!
Bartells is not only one of the most innovative drugstores in Puget Sound, it’s also one of the fastest growing. With 67 stores and counting, we’re always looking for engaging, supportive, and driven talent who have a passion for retail to help continue the tradition of customer service Bartell Drugs has built over the past 127 years. At Bartells, we support the growth and advancement of our employees. We encourage everyone to pursue opportunities for growth and fulfillment within our company.
Primary Objective: Responsible for maintaining, repairing, remodeling and performing alterations of Bartell Drugs buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment following all applicable safety guidelines while providing the best customer service and completing all assigned projects, tasks, and maintenance requests.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor and/or Construction Supervisor
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential:
• Performs semi-skilled work in carpentry, plumbing, minor electrical, store fixtures, and floor coverings observing all applicable safety requirements under the direction of a Supervisor.
• Selects proper tools, and/or materials to be used to complete a project as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Assists in the remodeling of existing buildings and structures to include painting, general repairs, plumbing, drywall, flooring and store fixtures.
• May assist in the fabrication of materials to be used for repair or remodeling.
• Assists in the performance of preventative maintenance on existing structures, buildings and equipment.
• Research and perform data entry tasks through the online maintenance request tracking system.
• Observe all company safety policies, procedures and guidelines. Attend all company sponsored training.
• Provide excellent customer service with urgency and passion.
• Will perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years’ general work experience.
• Must possess knowledge of hand tools and small power tools and their safe use.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
• This person will use their own vehicle to travel to different locations, and will be reimbursed as per company policy.
• Must be insurable by Bartell Drugs under the standard insurance policy.
• Must be able to make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures, widths and lengths of lines.
• Must possess the ability to move hands easily and skillfully, to include grasping objects, and in placing and turning motions.
• Must be able to stoop or bend below waist level to lift material for special projects. Crouching, twisting, or pivoting at the waist , kneeling, or squatting is also required.
• Will be required to work continuous hours on knees using proper knee padding to repair flooring.
• Must be able to carry lumber, tools, and other materials up to 50 Lbs. on occasion.
• This role may include constant or intermittent loud sounds of high pitch levels from saws and other equipment in the maintenance shop.
• Must be able to ascend and descend on ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, and poles while maintaining equilibrium to prevent falling.
Apply for this Position–PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME to teah (DOT) achman (AT) Bartelldrugs.com
You may also apply online via our career page on our website…..visit http://www.ilovebartells.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.