- This topic contains 0 voices and has 1 reply.
November 15, 2012 at 3:25 am #605585
We are an Historic Movie Theater in Seattle. We are seeking interviewers to fill an Assistant Manager position. This position involves shift management over at least one staff person, dealing with the public, being able to thread a 35 mm movie projector and bookkeeping responsibilities.
We’re looking for confident, reliable people with open weekend availability.
• Proof of experience in management, most preferably in the “arts” arena, and be able to oversee and manage staff with their duties.
• Experience in marketing and promotion
• Must be at least 21 as we have our tavern license and manager will have to serve beer and wine weekend nights.
• Basic bookkeeping skills; (filling out nightly reports (box office), making night deposit drops, etc).
• Ability to problem solve quickly
• Reliable transportation to work
• Polished appearance
• Have an outgoing personality and good people skills.
• Currently only 4 shifts are available but we would assign more to cover for other managers. The needed shifts are; Saturday night/ Sunday dayshift,/Monday night/Tuesday night
WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR:
• Someone who does not have past management experience.
• Someone who comes in and hides up in the office.
• Someone who is “afraid” of the public
• Someone who doesn’t realize that people come to the theater to have a good time.
• Someone who’s afraid of “Historic” buildings. It’s not always pretty people
• Someone with does not possess a strong sense of humor and leadership skills
EXTRA BONUS POINTS
Having promotion, marketing and event creation/production skills is a big plus as the theater has its tavern license and seeks out additional revenue for special shows. If you can create events, promote and produce them, you can make 25% of generated revenue.
In your cover letter, please entice me with your skill set and creative marketing skills. We want to know what you can bring to the Theater table! Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high response volume, we are not able to respond to every application. Thank you for your understanding and we’ll see YOU at the movies.November 15, 2012 at 4:46 pm #777384
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.