- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
May 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm #883136
Providence is calling an Activity Coordinator (Saint Joseph Residence, Day Shift, On-Call/Per Diem) to Providence Mount St. Vincent in West Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
* Develop and lead a variety of therapeutic recreational groups and programs including but not limited to discussions, life reviews, reminiscing, current events, exercises, socials, music, educational events, crafts, games, community integration, intergenerational activities, and pet therapy.
* Work as a cooperative team member with other Recreation Therapy staff and others staff to coordinate and lead facility wide events. Works with supervisor to continually encourage staff to assist with the implementation of therapeutic programs. Assists with departmental standards and approaches related to recreation therapy; shares ideas and support.
* Work with the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement a plan of care, which addresses an individual clients’ physical, mental, and psychosocial well being. The plan consists of needs, goals, and approaches.
* Order materials and resources for therapeutic client recreation such as reading materials, art supplies, games, traveling library services, talking books, sensory items, etc. Makes resources available to neighborhood staff as needed.
* May be responsible for completing Minimum Data Sets (MDS) for initial, quarterly, annual and significant change (nursing center only), does assessments, completes progress notes, updates service plan and meets regulatory requirements.
* Associates and/or two year college courses in Human Services. Significant appropriate and relevant years of work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
* A valid Washington State driver’s license with a good driving record and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required. (Some facilities may not require)
* Current certification in CPR or ability to be certified within 30 days of employment. (Some facilities may not require)
* Current Food Handler’s Permit within three months of employment. (Some facilities may not require)
* One year experience in providing recreation in the human services field, preferably with the elderly or disabled.
* May perform duties within the C.N.A /Resident Assistant job description when requested.
* Modified training course required for Adult Day Health and Assisted Living Coordinators within one year of hire. No C.N.A. certification required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy
Providence Mount St. Vincent is a vibrant, elegant, and innovative living care community for primarily older adults that celebrates life, living and individual capability. We are West Seattle’s largest employer with nearly 500 employees representing more than 27 countries of origin. “The Mount” is home to more than 400 people who need some type of assistance with daily living or are in need of 24-hour care. Programs offered include assisted living apartments, skilled nursing in specially designed neighborhoods, short-stay sub-acute care, an adult day program and the Intergenerational Learning Center for child care of infants and preschool age children.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.