17 Week Old Puppy Hit By A Car/Needs Help With Medical Costs

Home Forums Open Discussion 17 Week Old Puppy Hit By A Car/Needs Help With Medical Costs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author

furryfaces
    Participant

Hi everyone, Mijo was hit by a car today, resulting in two broken legs. His surgery and aftercare is estimated at a cost of $2,500 to $2,700. Mijo’s human is severely financially restricted and this puppy is the light of life. He LOVES his little boy.

AARF and Furry Faces Foundation are working together to raise funds for Mijo’s (life-saving) surgery. If you would like to help Mijo, please call South Seattle Vet @ 206-242-8338 and tell them you would like to donate to Mijo, under AARF’s account.

We will have a wepay page with Mijo’s pictures and information in a few hours, and will update this post with that information.

Thank you for considering this request to help Miho. Best Regards, AARF and F3

luckymom30
    Participant

Bump! I just saw this posting on your Facebook page, hope funds can be raised for this pup as they were raised for Kismet.

furryfaces
    Participant

Thanks luckymom30. We hope so too.

An update from AARF:

If you’d like to make an on-line donation, you can donate to AARF’s Angel Fund that is set up for cases like this. Please notate that it is for Mijo’s surgery. That link is: https://www.wepay.com/donations/aarf-angel-fund

Sue
    Participant

Page says “donation campaign has been deleted” at the top.

WSB
    Keymaster

Also – where did this happen? There was an animal control/police call in West Seattle today about which I was trying to find out more info, don’t know whether it involved an animal hit by a car but just thought I’d ask since this was brought up. If you don’t want to go into too many details publicly you can just e-mail editor@westseattleblog.com – Tracy

mehud7
    Participant

What are the details of puppy Mijo being hit by a car? I would need more information before considering a donation towards his care.

celeste17
    Participant

According to Heather from AARF her is the correct link to we pay.

https://www.wepay.com/donations/aarf-angel-fund1

Talaki34
    Participant

Lots of warm hugs for this little one.

Thank you to everyone trying to help!

furryfaces
    Participant

Celeste: Thank you for correcting the link. We probably ‘grabbed’ it too soon.

Mijo’s injury was a tragic, unforeseen accident.

Mijo was leashed and somehow slipped out of his collar or jumped around/didn’t want to walk on the part of sidewalk where the draw bridge grate meets the sidewalk. (It was a bit unclear because his owner was crying so hard).

A car was driving in the lane; hit Mijo; stopped; looked out the window at our client picking up his puppy; and then drove off. Our client had to walk home with his injured puppy in his arms and then get a ride to the Vet.

celeste17
    Participant

Bump 240.00 has been raised so far.

MIWS, where are you with the Bumping? What you get new choppers and you neglect your bumping duties?

miws
    Participant

Sorry.

Guess I let the new teeth go to my head…. ;-D

Mike

luckymom30
    Participant

Bump! $365.00 has been donated so far for this pup.

luckymom30
    Participant

Bump! Bump!

miws
    Participant

Bump! Bump! Bump! ;-)

luckymom30
    Participant

$435.00 reaised so far, this is for a very worthy cause, please help!

elikapeka
    Participant

Let’s keep going – bump!

luckymom30
    Participant

Bump! Bump! Bump!

Talaki34
    Participant

Bump! Bump!

With a little from us, that’s the sound this little guy’s casts will be making when he finally gets to go home. Step, bump, step, bump.

luckymom30
    Participant

Come on West Seattle Community, please help this pup. Bump, Bump, Bump!!!

celeste17
    Participant

490.00 as of 9:30 on Tuesday night

luckymom30
    Participant

$2,210.00 still needed be donated to help save this pup.

miws
    Participant

Bump

celeste17
    Participant

765.00 as of 10 pm on Wednesday

Talaki34
    Participant

I think that the $765 is only the total on the website.

Keep in mind that there may be some additional costs over the next few months that have to be factored in. I think Mijo will need some recasting and additional imaging done.

miws
    Participant

Bump

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.