WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(4 posts)

Wood smoke and asthma probs -- advice on air purifiers?

1. kittyno
    Member Profile

Hi, I live in Seaview and the last week has been hell on my lungs. The amount of woodsmoke in the air at nights is just terrible--I've been waking up with headaches and wheezy. Does anyone have an air filter they could recommend?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Hi there - We have a young son and recently found out he is allergic to dogs....and we have two of those as well. I researched for quite some time, and ended up buying two Winix PlasmaWave 5300 units on Amazon, one for his room and the family room. There is a distinctly noticeable difference in the air quality in the "clean" rooms vs. the remainder of the house. Plus the unit has a sensor showing you the air quality, and the main HEPA filter is good for a year (although you would need to change the charcoal filters about every 3 months, depending on the air quality).

Overall, I am extremely happy with the purchase, and may get one or two more for other rooms in the house.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

I have 2 aierox that I keep going in my house. They were recommended by a professional environmental company when my office was contaminated with toxic mold. New they are $350 a piece and the new filters needed every year or so are about $100 I have 2 extra I would sell at a great bargain. You can contact me at activistkmw AT hotmail DOT com.
    Oh, you can go to amazon and check out the info on their site.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. kittyno
    Member Profile

Thanks for the info, folks. I'll look at those models and compare. Birdrescuer, I may be getting in touch. Thx!

If anyone has used a BlueAir smokestop or Austin Air models, pls let me know what you think of them. I've read Amazon reviews obv, but wouldn't mind some feedback from people w/ allergies.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^