WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(25 posts)

Women's book club in West Seattle

1. smaudlin
    Member Profile

I'm a recent transplant to Seattle, living in West Seattle, and would love to either start a book group or join one. I'd prefer a group of women since my husband and I don't know a lot of people yet, and though I love hanging out with him, I need some girl time! I am in my mid-30's and would like to read current fiction, memoirs, and classics. If anyone is interested in starting a group, or knows of a good group interested in new members, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
    Sara

Posted 3 years ago #         
  2. momon35th
    Member Profile

Hi Sara!
    Welcome to West Seattle! I would love to get a group together with you. Mid-thirties too, with two little boys, girl time would be excellent. I am currently in Highland Park, maybe we can find a central location. Let me know!
    Marcia-mdwerfelmann@hotmail.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  3. Hi Sara!

I too am a recent transplant to Seattle (almost a year though), living in West Seattle. I'd love to join a book club with some other ladies. I'm in my early 30's and live by the California/Alaska junction. Let me know!

-Beth

elizabethpeterson12@gmail.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  4. This sounds great! I'm also in my mid-30s, a mom (+1 for girl time!), and live near the Junction. I'll read anything :) Keep me posted if you something is set up leah dot davidson at gmail.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  5. create1212
    Member Profile

That sounds like fun. I am in my mid-30s, moved to W Seattle last March; I live near Alaska/California, and would love to have some girl time, too. Felicial.Rock at gmail.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  6. kmweiner
    Member Profile

So I'm 68 :-) Anyone interested in an older woman's book group?

Posted 3 years ago #         
  7. bsmomma
    Member Profile

bsmomma

I'd love to do a book club! staceyfuda at yahoo dot com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  8. OwnerMary
    Member Profile

kmweiner -- I am interested in a 40+ book club - or at least one where everyone is not so so focused on babies and kids. I'm past that, looking for girl time and interested in talking about current fiction with maybe a sprinkling of nonfiction.

Posted 3 years ago #         
  9. Barbara Raye
    Member Profile

Two more West Seattle ladies interested. How can we get in touch with you?

Posted 3 years ago #         
  10. ditto
    glad yo bumped this barbara

Posted 3 years ago #         
  11. argiles
    Member Profile

I'd be interested as well, I'm a recent transplant to West Seattle as well. I have lived here for a year now though. I have a son who is in 3rd grade and I will be 26 next month. you can contact me at

ashleyreneegiles at gmail dot com

Thanks

Posted 3 years ago #         
  12. bravo chica
    Member Profile

can I still join? I'm 37 and live in Highland Park. My email is spiel.chap at gmail dot com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  13. Hope I'm not too late. I am a very recent transplant--little less than a month. I love to read and would love to join you all.
    My e-mail is elixirhome@hotmail.com
    Hope to hear from you.

Posted 3 years ago #         
  14. staceyg
    Member Profile

I'd like to join, too. I'm 30 and live in Delridge. My email is stacey.gianas at gmail dot com.

Posted 3 years ago #         
  15. kmweiner
    Member Profile

The "older" women's group got started about 8 months ago and we are doing great. If you want/need some info about how we worked it all out, you can contact me at activistkmw AT hotmail.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  16. Jrichtback
    Member Profile

what's "girl time?" lol. I am still new here in Seattle and would love love to get with some other women. Give me a time :) jrichtbackATyahoo.com

Posted 3 years ago #         
  17. troikatug
    Member Profile

I am surprised no one mentioned the Seattle Public Library book clubs. i attend the SW branch clubs. 1-monday afternoon/2-monday nite. both lively and outspoken. we choose books once a year from 429 selections open to us, and the library provides the books free for one month. to check out the book names, google kitkeepers seattle.
    the eve group is crowded now, but the afternoon group, meeting the 3rd monday of each month has room to breathe and talk. all are welcome. drop in and pick up the next month's selection. (september: Brideshead Revisited.)
    thanks, troika

Posted 2 years ago #         
  18. I'm interested too! I just turned 40 and have a 2 year old. I live in West Seattle and would love to join the younger group. Is this still going? Please email at annette@fitnessforvitality.com

Posted 2 years ago #         
  19. I am interested in this book club as well. I'm a recent transplant as well, in my 30's, would love to meet others, and enjoy reading. Please email me at connellkj@yahoo.com.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  20. Mandy L
    Member Profile

Hi. I am interested in joining too! I am also a recent transplant to West Seattle and in my mid-30s and would love to meet new people and read some good books. Please let me know. mandila75@cox.net
    Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  21. Hi, did you guys ever start a book club? If so, is it still going on? Taking any new folks? I am very interested... seem to have much in common by way of age (late 30's), newness to the area & parental status (though I have a high schooler). :)

prplflwrpwr at gmail dot com

Posted 1 year ago #         
  22. Hello

I would be interested in a monthly book club in West Seattle. I'm 61 so I'd prefer a 40 or 50 and older crowd as well where kids and parenting are of less concern.
    Perhaps we should start two separate threads if there is enough interest,

Wreb

Posted 1 year ago #         
  23. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

wren, contact me at
    activistkmw AT hotmail DOT com
    and I'll give you info about our "older" women's group. We've been going for about 18 months now.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  24. sweetpt
    Member Profile

I am in my early 30s and just moved to West Seattle. Looking for a book club that's part stimulating conversation, part girl time. Is there a book club open to new members or is anyone interested in joining one if I start it? It's mid-January and the winter doldrums have begun...let's read some enlivening literature!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  25. I would absolutely LOVE this.
    So hear you on the winter doldrums - starting to feel like a bit of shut-in!

Contact me at
    sprechanzy AT hotmail DOT com

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^