WSB Forum » West Seattle Schools

(7 posts)

Washington Middle School APP

• Started 1 year ago by pocketzena
  • Latest reply from pocketzena

1. pocketzena
    Member Profile

Looking for some feedback on APP program at Washington Middle School--the good, the bad, etc. Are there many West Seattle kids going there?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Parentof2
    Member Profile

My daughter has been at WMS since 6th grade and she loves it. I have been very pleased with the teaching staff and the principal is amazing. For as large as this school is (1100 students - mixed programs), they keep it under control and issues are addressed immediately. There are currently two bus loads of students, maybe three at this point. Great school!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. pocketzena
    Member Profile

Thanks so much Parentof2. Do you mean two bus loads just from W. Seattle? If you have any feedback on the science classes I would love to hear that as well.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. pocketzena
    Member Profile

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. Yes, there are three bus routes for APP coming from West Seattle.

Science at WMS has been slightly less challenging than we would like, but my stepson is always engaged and interested with it. We all love his LA/SS block teacher, Ms. Becerra.

I cannot recommend the band program, however.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. myopinion
    Member Profile

I have a child at Garfield now and one still at Washington. It has been great for both kids. The principal is great and so has been all of the teachers my kids have had. Their music program is impressive. To my knowledge they are the only middle school around with a fiddlers group. We have not found any problems with the science program being not challenging and both our kids are very science driven. Transportation is challenging. My 7th grader catches the bus at 6:40am! Makes for a very early morning. Overall, our experience with Washington and then Garfield has been great! I recommend it without hesitation.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. pocketzena
    Member Profile

Thank you all for the insight. To hopey--why did you not like the band program? I thought that it was one of things many kids sign up for at Washington, and is a good way to mix all the kids in all programs together.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^