WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(50 posts)

URGENT LOST DOG!!!!

• Started 2 years ago by hannahvonlossow
  • Latest reply from miws

1. hannahvonlossow
    Member Profile

URGENT
    Lost Border Collie Australian Shepard Mix.
    She is running scared, DO NOT CALL HER (I will not include her name because of this)
    PLEASE Contact one of us IF YOU SEE HER. ANY DETAILS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!
    206-450-1884
    OR
    425-223-8303
    "It is really imperative to not scare Jessie, stare at her, call her, walk or run toward her. So if you see her, PLEASE call the numbers listed on the flyer."
    She is a boarding dog and her mom is OutOTown.
    She was last seen running near 19th and Genesse around those neighborhoods and near Pathfinder K-8 School, could be in the woods, hiding spot, garage ANYWHERE.
    Please check your garages or enclosed spaces if you have any!
    visit http://www.missingpetpartnership org for more information on how to approach a scared dog!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
    Please contact me so I can send you a Lost Dog Flyer and you are willing to help post them in the neighborhood. If anyone who has dogs if you can please walk your dog around the area and the Greenbelt area. We just need sightings!! Thank you and it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. CBellum
    Member Profile

Jessie was last seen 15 minutes ago (3:40pm on Oct. 22) running down Admiral towards Metropolitan Market. Keep your eyes open and let us know if you see her please!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  4. CBellum
    Member Profile

Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  5. .

Posted 2 years ago #         
  6. CBellum
    Member Profile

Jessie was seen yesterday (10/22 at 3:00pm) around All-Star Fitness. She was bumped by a car and then took off and was spotted by another person running up Admiral Hill towards North Admiral. She was then seen this morning (10/23 at 8am) running back down Admiral Hill towards Luna Park.

She is obviously running scared and could be anywhere, but is hopefully heading back to where she was originally lost, 30th and Genesee. Please keep your eyes out for her and call the numbers listed with any sightings. She is in shock so will have to set up traps to get her, so it is so important that we hear about any sightings immediately.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  7. goodgraces
    Member Profile

I am so sorry for all your anxiety and worry and am praying for a happy (and quick) outcome. Please keep us updated. My eyes are peeled for her!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  8. Bump.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  9. so confused.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  10. .

Posted 2 years ago #         
  11. oddreality
    Member Profile

Wish they would find this dog..breaks my heart to think it is out there and cold.Scared to death..

Posted 2 years ago #         
  12. Hawkeye
    Member Profile

Hawkeye

Great idea to walk your dog in that area, keeping an eye out for the girl. Hope she's found soon!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  13. Any luck?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  14. CBellum
    Member Profile

Update: Jessie was seen this morning (10/25) between 7:45am and 8am by six separate people running around Delridge and Genesse. She was running through the skate park, the soccer field, near 26th and Genesse and on Delridge.

She has been hit by two cars a couple days ago, but didn't seem to be hurt today. She is running at full speed, so she is obviously super scared.

Please keep your eye out for her! We will be setting up food stations in that area in hopes of keeping Jessie there so we can trap her.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  15. goodgraces
    Member Profile

Bump, that is just down the hill from me here on Pigeon Point. I will walk my dogs there today to see if we can draw her out.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  16. CBellum
    Member Profile

Thank you everyone who has or is looking for Jessie. We all appreciate it!

Just a reminder, if you do see her, please leave her alone. Do not call her name or approach her. The last thing we want is for her to run off. We want her to hunker down where she is now so we can set out feeding stations and traps. We won't be able to approach her at this point.

The hardest thing is getting sightings because she has been running all over the place. We want her to feel comfortable where she is now so she stays put. So please take walks and try to look for her and if you do see her, call the numbers immediately.

Thanks so much!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  17. .

Posted 2 years ago #         
  18. CBellum
    Member Profile

bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  19. goodgraces
    Member Profile

Just had a conversation with a DHL driver who was dropping off a package at our house. We agreed how hard it was seeing all the signs and knowing Jessie was still at large. She shared a story about a dog she's had for 5+ years now that she trapped/captured after it had been on the run for nearly 2 months near the Tacoma rail yards. Apparently the secret was a safe trap and Kentucky Fried Chicken -- irresistible! Maybe that will help?

Thinking of all involved --

Wendy

Posted 2 years ago #         
  20. Barry2012
    Member Profile

Please keep us posted on this, I've been thinking about this lost little one for days now...

Posted 2 years ago #         
  21. CBellum
    Member Profile

Hi all, here is an update:

We set up a trap yesterday but nothing yet. We have feeding stations set out and had a crew of people out from 5am until 10am, but no sightings this morning. Around 11:30am we got a call regarding a possible sighting on 37th and Hanford, but when I looked around the neighborhood I talked to a woman who said she saw a loose dog that had similar coloring to Jessie but wasn't Jessie.

She might be hunkered down on the West Seattle Golf Course; we found an opening in the gate near where she has been sighted. We are going to try to set up a feeding station and trap there today.
    We hope she is there because it is safe and it will make catching her easier.

Thanks for everyone's help and concern!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  22. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  23. Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  24. .

Posted 2 years ago #         
  25. oddreality
    Member Profile

This is so sad. I hope her mom is back in town and helping find her. I would be devastated if it were me.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  26. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

Keep us updated please.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  27. tanyar23
    Member Profile

bump!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  28. I talked with hannahvonlossow earlier this evening to get flier info and email. Good info in that, even though Jessie hasn’t been sighted in a couple of days, she’s running a pattern and going back to specific places. She seems to be running in a counter-clockwise pattern back to a selected home-base, which is typical for dogs on the run.

Trying to gather info quickly, but it looks like she's running from north-end of Delridge area to Admiral area and circling back? Is this correct?

If that’s her current pattern, she’ll likely stick to it for a long period of time. That’s important.

For Jessie’s folks involved in finding her, please post a link for her flier if the one I’ve posted below has been updated. An email would also be helpful for folks to contact if that’s better than phone.

In the meantime, I just put Jessie’s flier that’s posted on Pacific Northwest Border Collie Rescue’s website (link is http://pnwbcrescue.org/show_bio.php?ImageSize=2&DogId=3817&c=0) on all 3 bulletin boards at Westcrest.

The many folks that take their dogs there every day and the dogwalkers especially, are invaluable eyes for dogs on the run and will note any dog they see that doesn’t have a human nearby.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  29. Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  30. csw2119
    Member Profile

csw2119

What does "bump" mean????

Posted 2 years ago #         
  31. Csw2119,

Bumping or just a .
    Will place the thread at the top of the forum list

Posted 2 years ago #         
  32. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

A couple of years ago I had a yorkie on the run for 2 weeks. This community helped me catch her for which I was very grateful. Here's hopin' you have the same good luck.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  33. westcoastdeb
    Member Profile

Might this be her?

http://westseattleblog.com/pet/dog-found-near-ercolini-park

Posted 2 years ago #         
  34. Westcoastdeb,
    unfortunately not,Jessie is black on white from previous postings.
    http://westseattleblog.com/pet/jessie-the-dog-is-missing-but-dont-call-her

But do keep your eyes opens to help her get home.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  35. Bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  36. TreyseaLin
    Member Profile

Posted 1 year ago #         
  37. furryfaces
    Member Profile

bumping for Jessie.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  38. Hawkeye
    Member Profile

Hawkeye

Bump.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  39. TreyseaLin
    Member Profile

To Jessie's Mom: I just met you at Camp Long, with my Yellow Lab. I walk there most days and will keep a vigilant watch through the area. I hope you found the path to your car, and I hope Jessie soon finds her path home.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  40. Looks like she has been found!!!!Check out Pets tab and FB!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! What a great Halloween TREAT!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  41. Great Halloween news! Glad the pup is on her way to a nice warm, dry bed tonight.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  42. pigeonmom
    Member Profile

pigeonmom

Glad to hear she's been found! :-D

Posted 1 year ago #         
  43. This is such great news!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  44. oddreality
    Member Profile

Hooray!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  45. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

Yippee!!!! Cheering crowds throwing confetti!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  46. Right on!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  47. Yay for Jessie! Now another WS pup is out there & injured by a neighbors car. She is our 6 month old light golden retriever named Cassie. Her collar with tags came off from the impact!! She was last seen running S on 49th & Stevens. We need to find our girl & get her to a Vets ASAP! We would pay a reward to anyone who helps us find our precious girl!! Pls call us at 206-932-7331 or 206-330-1934,
    Call anytime with info please!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  48. MsPam,

Is there anything potential spotters should know about Cassie's temperament?

Is she skittish around strangers, like Jessie? Friendly?

I know this all may be a moot point, with her being stressed about being lost and injured, but thought it might help to know.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  49. montanapup
    Member Profile

Yah!!!!! Found and reunited!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  50. I don't know if montanapup was commenting about Jessie, or Cassie, but Cassie has been re-united with her humans too!

http://westseattleblog.com/pet/missing-possibly-injured-dog#comments

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^