WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(9 posts)

Typewriter repair?

1. We have an old typewriter that we'd like to get working again. Doing a quick search, no one in the Seattle area with a storefront. Does anyone know of a person who may do repairs out of their home?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. oddreality
    Member Profile

Whats wrong with it?? Mostly they just need a good cleaning and oiling and most of them need the roller rubber redone as it gets too hard to use.There used to be a place by the stadiums that did the roller rubber if I could remember the name of it I'd tell you.Ebay is a good place to find the ribbons if you need those.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. oddreality, not in the Stadium District, but might you be thinking of West Coast Platen, (Formerly Seattle Platen) at 5506 1st Av S?

ghar, their phone number is:(206) 682-7780.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. oddreality
    Member Profile

Yes, Mike, that looks like them! They used to be sort of behind the Salvation Army store. Looks like they moved since I used them 20 years ago or so.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. Heh, I went to them, (job related) like 30-ish years ago, when they were up around 7th & Olive!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. I Wonder
    Member Profile

Whats a "typewriter"? ;)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. Thanks Mike and Oddreality! I'll give them a call. Yes, I think it's more just in need of a cleaning and new ribbon and roller.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. I Wonder, it's that thing sitting on the desk over there, next to the rotary dial telephone. :-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. Thanks for the chuckle, I Wonder and Mike!

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^