WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(12 posts)

The Mountain Format Change?

• Started 2 years ago by kgdlg
  • Latest reply from anotherwsmom

1. I am a recovering Indigo Girls fan (forgive me, but I went to a women's college). But even I still liked a little 103.7 once in a while for some folksy tunes. What the heck happened? Now I am reminded how old I am every time a rush tune comes on when I turn the station there. Ugh!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. kgdlg...the format at The Mountain changed some time ago. I hate it, and don't listen anymore...I want my new music Tuesday back :(

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. anotherwsmom
    Member Profile

It's *awful*. Even Marty is gone. I miss Shawn. My only consolation is listening to KINK FM from Portland. http://www.kink.fm/pages/main

Posted 2 years ago #         
  4. Michael Waldo
    Member Profile

Why the owners of the Mountain thought we needed another KZOK is a mystery. I miss new music. We now have, what, 5 classic or oldie stations in Seattle. Fortunately, I can listen to Mountain type music on Comcast channel 918, if you have the music channels on your cable package. They play a lot of new music.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  5. anotherwsmom
    Member Profile

A local station:
    http://www.jetcitystream.com/about-us/

Posted 2 years ago #         
  6. thx

Posted 2 years ago #         
  7. Nothing wrong with the Indigo Girls. Brilliant song writers and incredible harmonizers.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  8. shihtzu
    Member Profile

It is horrible now. The online version, Mountain 2 is a little more like what it used to be.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  9. 4 years of swamp ophelia on repeat kinda did me in, cjboffoli, that is all i am sayin'.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  10. Patrick
    Member Profile

Patrick

About the only thing The New Mountain is missing is an all Grand Funk weekend.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  11. the Mountain ain't the Mountain any more..

however, KINK from Portland has been rocking my soul since the early 60s :)

Posted 2 years ago #         
  12. anotherwsmom
    Member Profile

Amen, Jo! Amen! So glad I can listen to KINK pretty much anywhere.

Posted 2 years ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^