WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(21 posts)

The Art of Gratitude

1. What are you grateful for?

My husband Adam and his business partner Robert put together an app that helps you to appreciate what you are grateful for based around the idea that if you write down three appreciations a day for a month it significantly impacts your sense
    of appreciation, positivity, and satisfaction.

It's free, easy to use and fun. No catch, this project was developed so they could start working together with a small project that would positively impact people, before moving on to a larger project.

Please check it out if it sounds interesting to you. https://artofgratitude.com/

And let us know if you have any feedback. We are local to west seattle.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Signed up!

This sounds interesting and fun. And yeah, in the last year or so, I have a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks Lena, Adam, and Robert!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Irukandji
    Member Profile

Irukandji

Beautifully created. Thank you!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. What a great idea! Will check it out!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. thansen
    Member Profile

thansen

Instead of New Year's resolutions, I pick words/themes that I want the year to be about. Gratitude was the first word I wrote down for this year. The other word I wrote down was "purpose".

How can people be so filled with rage, hate and negitivity when there is so much to be grateful for?

I will definitely log into the site! Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. etohick616
    Member Profile

spot on

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

Signed up today. We'll see if y'all can turn this nattering nabob of negativity into a glowing ray of glee and gratitude! ;-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. Waiting for all the touchy-feeliness to get translated into action . . .

Not saying that gratitude isn't important. It is. But just sitting around being grateful is not enough.

Sincerely,

DBP

(who is filled not so much with hate as with piss and vinegar)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. TVB...you're wrong...you're not the Nattering nabob of negativity..that honor goes to DBP on this one, who doesn't understand the purpose, it seems...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

LOL Jan. DBP--I'll make mochas, you can come over and we can sit around being grateful, but tinged with an edge of negativity. It'll be like...ironic!

:-)

teehee!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

Also, DBP--tomorrow I'm gonna be grateful for YOU. So THERE.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

"I'm grateful for DBP."

Did it! :-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. Bump!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  14. Lena, I really love this site. It's nice to get an email each morning that makes you pause for a second, reflect, and start off the day in a little different place. Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  15. What Sue said! :-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  16. Thank you so much everyone for the feedback! So glad you are enjoying the site!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  17. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

Thank you for the reminder, I've still got to do today's!

Let's see I was already grateful for that thankless bastard DBP, so I've got to choose someone else...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  18. I guess you could say I've had some bad experiences with gratitude, Velveeta. Maybe that's why I'm so bitter.

Let me give you just one example . . .

Once, during the brief period of my life when I was gainfully employed, I was invited to go to a staff meeting along with everyone else in the department. The subject of the meeting was 'Gratitude.'

In the meeting, everyone was told to look at the person to the right of him and give one reason why he was 'grateful' for that person.

Well, people were coming up with all kinds of nonsense, saying they were grateful for the way Suzie sharpened her pencils or the fact that Timmy had a jar of jelly beans on his desk. You know, just stupid, meaningless stuff like that.

But you know me, right? I like to cut thru that superficial crap and get to the heart of things. So when it was my turn, I looked at my neighbor, Mary Ellen Sidorski, and said, "I'm grateful for Mary Ellen, because when we're in the serving line at the cafeteria, and she reaches over to get some Jell-O, you can see her _________." [insert duck-call noise]

Can you believe it? I was the only honest person in that whole damn room! But guess who got reprimanded and told that his remarks were 'inappropriate.'

Seems like some kinds of gratitude are more equal than others, huh?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  19. WSratsinacage
    Member Profile

I am grateful for DBP, too.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  20. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

Ok, "Thankless Ba$tard" was a bit much--sorry if it offended anyone. But DBP knows he's loved and adored by the Bulldog.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  21. Bump!

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^