WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(7 posts)

Termite control recommendation?

1. Great... we found out we have termite damage. anyone recommend a termite exterminator?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. star 55
    Member Profile

Rambo Total Pest Control.He is great and a sponsor on the WS Blog.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Also discovered I had Termites and had treatment by exterminator. I did a lot of research. A word of advice: Termites are SLOW eaters. You have time to do your research, get estimates etc.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. squareeyes
    Member Profile

squareeyes

Assuming you're talking about subterranean termites the soil around the foundation needs to be treated. 10 years ago I used Cascade Pest Control and was extremely happy with their service.

Just my mudroom was affected because it was an addition built with a cinderblock foundation, so I only had that area treated vs around the entire house. I don't believe they give the 5-year guarantee if you don't have the whole perimeter done though.

Make sure you don't have standing water around the foundation and that you don't have a woodpile anywhere near the house as that takes away their food and water sources for nesting.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. I've used John from Adept Pest for rat issues. He's amazing. I'm assuming he can deal with termites. If he can't, he'll be honest with you. Found him through WSB and other recommendations for his work. He saved us tons of money with a rat issue and tunneling into our crawl space. Had others tell me there was nothing we could do.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. anonyme
    Member Profile

John at Adept Pest is AMAZING. Intelligent, prompt, reasonably priced, conservative alternatives to poison. The other pest control people I've dealt with were Neanderthals who wanted to set bait traps everywhere and drench the area with chemicals. One even told me that "rats aren't animals". You can't go wrong with John; search the WSB and you'll find truckloads of recommedations for him.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

Let me add another "YES! YES!" for John at Adept.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^