WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(5 posts)

tax advice

1. I recently moved from corporate employment to status as a solo independent contractor.

It should be relatively simple (low expenses, moderate tax exposure), but I still would like some basic guidance on how to avoid under or over paying on taxes.

Any referrals to a good, reasonably-priced tax adviser for someone in my situation would be appreciated.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Post deleted. Reminder that when people ask for help and recommendations here, that's what this forum was founded for five years ago - please either answer them sincerely with information along the lines of what they were looking for, or don't answer at all. - Tracy

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. elikapeka
    Member Profile

Try Mary Gleason, Gleason & Associates - 206.937.5323. She's a local West Seattle business. I've worked with her for several years with my business and personal taxes and have been very satisfied.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. hooper1961
    Member Profile

start using quickbooks to keep track of invoicing expenses et al

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. It sounds like you would basically be filing a Schedule C for self employment income with your 1040, any tax professional should be capable of advising you in planning for 2013 when you go to file your 2012 taxes. I prefer H & R Block, either in person or on-line.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^