WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(7 posts)

sorry about the intermittent error messages

1. If you have gotten the "Error establishing database connection" message:

Our server managers have been trying to sleuth this for days now. Generally if you get one and then hit "refresh" you should then get the page you're trying to reach; if it happens when you try to publish a post or response, hit BACK so you don't lose what you wrote.

Our apologies - this seems to happen every few years for reasons that even the experts can't figure out. Like a test pattern popping up in the middle of an over-the-air TV show back in the ooooold days... TR

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. And here I thought doing a defrag and disk cleanup fixed it. Thanks for the info.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. so glad to know it's not just me

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. I think I reset my iPad a half dozen times to no avail then thought it was just due to WSB popularity and heavy traffic!, ;-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. Like a test pattern popping up in the middle of an over-the-air TV show back in the ooooold days...

For the "youngsters" out there...... ;-)

Thanks for the info/update, TR!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. Betty T
    Member Profile

Hey, I remember when TV programs went of the air at night and then you had the test pattern. Doesn't hold one's attention very long.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. And played the national anthem with some kind of patriotic background (like a waving flag) after their last program for the night before signing off (way too many late night babysitting jobs in my teens).

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^