WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(5 posts)

School Boundary Lines

1. cecfire
    Member Profile

Hi,
    Our family will soon be moving to the area and will be living on 35th Ave SW, (the boundary line for Roxhill schools and Arbor Heights schools). Does living on the boundary line mean we will be able to choose which school our children will attend? Also, which is better, Arbor Heights Elementary or Roxhill? Thanks!!!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. "Better" is subjective and I'm sure somebody tomorrow will offer an opinion. Re: boundary lines - wherever you are in Seattle, every specific address has a specific school assignment. You can certainly apply to a different school but there's no guarantee you'll get in. Right now, though, I don't believe either AH or Roxhill is overenrolled, unlike some of the other elementaries in WS. Welcome (in advance) to West Seattle! - Tracy

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. I can't say which school is better because everybody has different opinions. One isn't better than the other, it's just someone's opinion. The boundary line between Roxhill and AH isn't 35th, it is 30th I believe so it sounds like your kids would go to AH. Here is a map.

http://tinyurl.com/ckmv3cp

Posted 2 years ago #         
  4. cecfire
    Member Profile

Oops, I guess I looked at the boundary map incorrectly before posting this. Must get more sleep. :) Thanks for your responses!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  5. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Posted 2 years ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^