WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(5 posts)

Pets into art

1. Hi gang. Pamela ("Hammerhead") has asked me to post some photos. She will explain to you what they are.

. . . because lord knows, I can't.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. I was looking for my animals ashes to represent not only their memory but a love of sea life too.

I found MIke Holberg, he works with animal ashes into glass. I had 5 animals to work with.

I used to scuba dive locally. I love the kelp beds. I had each seaweed represent of my animals. if you see the vein that is their actual ashes. Hard to see the back ones but the colors are of the color of the animal. The bulbs are again just part of the piece.

While I had several animals. He does small pieces too. I just didn't want to throw the ashes into the garden or have them sit on the mantel collecting dust. As you see on my mantel I have my little glass aquarium.

HH

PS Thanks again DP!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Robindianne
    Member Profile

Robindianne

This is beautiful Pamela. What a lovely tribute as well. I have mine sitting on the mantel collecting dust ;) I will look into this!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. what a great way to turn an loved friend's ashes into a meaningful memorial

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. 2 Much Whine
    Member Profile

2 Much Whine

Really cool, Pamela! I'm glad that worked out for you. What a lovely way to remember your "family."

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^