JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – West Seattle Junction Association
Title: Office/Marketing Coordinator
Status: Part Time –15 per week
Job Position Summary: This position handles the administrative and marketing aspects of the organization. The Office /Marketing Coordinator is responsible for putting systems in place to accomplish the goals of the job description. Collaborates with director and business community on a variety of initiatives.
Admin: General administrative work, manage database, coordinate newsletters, manage office equipment, track grants and invoicing.
Website and social media: Maintain WSJA website including calendar listings, create blog posts, and maintain public communication with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterist, and Constant Contact.
Program and event support: Help promote Junction merchant participation in various efforts including West Seattle Summer Fest, Movies on the Wall, and Art Walk, promote events via local media outlets, and materials distribution
Marketing: Help develop and implement new marketing initiatives.
Help monitor appearance of Junction and take action in a timely manner including graffiti, illegal postering, issues with landscaping, etc.
Job Requirements –
We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who can be a flexible member of a small office.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple deadlines; Good time management and critical thinking skills. - Ability to work independently with excellent follow through skills.
- Experience in website management including making website updates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have an attention to detail.
- Must be computer savvy and desired experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, Filemaker Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Willingness to learn new systems or technology that the position may require.
- Must maintain a set schedule during weekday office hours, days to be negotiated.
Occasional weekend work required.
DOE: $15 - $17/hour
Please submit a resume, letter of interest, and sample blog post to Susan Melrose, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25th, 9am.