WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(5 posts)

New Years Fireworks

1. Never been down on alki by the boat launch for the space needle fireworks and was wondering how crowded it gets. Would like to go and take some pictures.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. We went 3 or 4 years ago. It wasn't shoulder-to-shoulder - not like 4th of July - BUT you won't get parking unless you go very very early, so have someone drop you off, or ride a bike, or walk ... Two years ago I got stuck in traffic on Alki SW right at midnight. Oy.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Betty T
    Member Profile

Enjoy the fireworks wherever you are. Myself at this point in my life I'll sit in my nice warm apartment and watch it on TV. Have a Happy New Year. I'm not chicken, the arthritis in my feet doesn't like cold for long.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. rkramer
    Member Profile

Any suggestions for getting to Alki from the Junction area around 10 pm?

Looks like the only options for a bus at that time would be to take 128 and then walk down ferry and california.

or

Take route C to the bridge and then walk around.

Are there any options that actually let off at Alki that time of night?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. The 50 can get you down to Alki, last bus is at 12:04. Looking at the Metro schedule, the last bus going UP the hill from Alki is at 9:30 PM. Mind boggling. There are no other buses.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^