WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(15 posts)

Need Recommendation: Quiet Place to Meet Friends

1. I'm meeting up with a group of friends (approx. 5-7 people) next Monday night and I have no idea where to go. We're looking for a quiet place that doesn't need to be incredibly private, but if it had an alcove of sorts, it would be nice. Preferably a location that is low-key and does not serve alcohol. I'm thinking about all of our coffee shops, but I'm not sure what they are like in the evening and, being a non-coffee drinker, I haven't visited them all to see which environment might work best.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. TreyseaLin
    Member Profile

Freshy's in Admiral has a nice tucked away corner.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. WorldCitizen
    Member Profile

zgh2676

C&P coffee. They serve beer and wine as well as coffee, but it's an afterthought really. It's a quiet and fantastic meeting place with a small side room that offers slight separation from the main area.

Oh, and great coffee.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. admiralmom
    Member Profile

Chaco canyon has a whole back room that they say can be reserved for the community. Parking can be a total PITA though!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. I like Freshy's but the last time we had a meeting there they were playing pretty loud music.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. SarahScoot
    Member Profile

SarahScoot

All the places suggested so far serve alcohol.
    Maybe Uptown Espresso? I haven't been there in a few years, but I don't remember them serving alcohol.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. celeste17
    Member Profile

celeste17

Uptown doesn't have a quite spot and gets really busy in the evenings since it has the big tables and stays open until 10pm.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. B-squared
    Member Profile

B-squared

Uptown espresso on Delridge is where i would go. Much more quiet than the one on Erskine. I used to do my homework there and i think there is a small room you could use.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. Unfortunately, I think the Delridge Uptown Espresso closes much earlier (like 6pm). And if you decide to go to C&P, check their schedule on the website first to make sure there's no music scheduled. We did a WSB meetup once there and forgot to check, and couldn't talk over the music.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. Caffe Ladro on Calif south of the Morgan Junction might be a good choice. No alcohol, a sort of a nook in the back with couches. I think they are open late, easy parking, no live music.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. Wow! Ask and you shall receive! Thanks everyone for the recommedations. I will check them out this weekend. I am really behind on my coffee shop knowledge!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. Sugar Rush/Coffee to a Tea (I'm not sure what name they decided on, but they're next to Next to Nature, the pet supply store in the Junction, west side of California)--lots of out of the way space (esp in back) and delicious goodies; also Cupcake Royale always has people working in there and quite a bit of seating, pretty quiet as well, tho no nooks.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. They are now "Junction Bakery and Café."

Posted 1 year ago #         
  14. Oh thanks! I was in there the other week and saw a new sign, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it said--their website still has the old versions.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  15. Pearls on Delridge is nice! A little bit of coffee grinding noise, but it's always my go-to place.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^