WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(6 posts)

Looking for a tailor for a man's suit.

1. I need a tailor for a man's suit. I have to attend a funeral back east and my suit jacket particularly seems too broad in the shoulders.

Back in the day I would get suits at the Bon Marche or Nordstrom's. I really need to have someone look at this with a professional eye, mark it for tailoring and then get it altered by Thursday since I leave the next morning.

A friend suggested The Men's Wearhouse. I will start calling around tomorrow. But I wanted to see if anyone here had any similar experience. I have to look sharp--it's my brother's funeral. :(

Thanks, ~z

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. I think Men's Warehouse is a great place to start, I think Nordstrom could also do it.

Very sorry about your brother -- safe travels.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Barry2012
    Member Profile

Try Nordstrom, we had my husband's wedding suit tailored at Nordrstom, they were fast, efficient and affordabl. All tailoring is done in house and they do an incredible job.

I'm very sorry about your loss...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. Thanks you all. I appreciate your kind words and advice. I'll give them a call. ~z

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. zephyr, I don't have any advice on a tailor, but just wanted to pass along my condolences....

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. Thanks, Mike for your kind words. I ended up going to Nordstrom's after all. They were very helpful. ~z

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^